This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Safe Soup

sdore

sdore Enthusiast

I have been gluten-free for years and I have no idea which soups are gluten free. I did by Amy's at my local store last night, but they are quite expensive. Do you guys know of any other main brands that are gluten-free?

Steph

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

you have to check the ingredients on each soup. (and what is "main brand" may vary depending on your geographic location and store chains. ;) ) muir glen has a number of gluten free soups, and progresso has a few. pacific and imagine have boxed soups that are gluten free as well. most of the ones that are gluten free are a bit more expensive. (others will have more useful information - I don't buy a lot of premade soup.)

missy'smom Collaborator

Brands like Amy's are on sale from time to time. You may want to watch and stock up when they are. Progresso has some that are gluten-free. Other brands that have gluten-free ones are Pacific and Imagine with flavors like butternut squash, tomato and roasted red pepper and corn creamy soups that are dairy free. I add froz. corn to the creamy corn for some texture.

Nina12488 Rookie

I'm not sure if you have a Whole Foods near you... but in the frozen section, Kettle Soups just came out with a bunch of gluten free flavors! Clam Chowder, Chicken and Rice Noodle, Chili.. there all really good!! Just make sure your buying the one with "gluten free" on the box.. cause they make gluten containing soups as well.

gfmolly Contributor
I have been gluten-free for years and I have no idea which soups are gluten free. I did by Amy's at my local store last night, but they are quite expensive. Do you guys know of any other main brands that are gluten-free?

Steph

I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind, but Thai Kitchen and Trader Joe's both have some yummy noodle bowls that I really enjoy. Progresso Wild rice and chicken is a standby of mine as well.

Terri

buffettbride Enthusiast

We buy Progresso soups quite often. Usually the Chicken/Rice/Vegetable, Vegetable, or Chicken/Wild Rice, but also the Clam Chowder or Corn Chowder with no trouble.

They do contain MSG at times, so if that is a problem you might not have good luck with those.

sdore Enthusiast

Thanks!!! I will definitely try the progresso because I know where to find it. My mom bought a healthy choice pot roast soup bowl. The ingredients seemed fine, but I emailed them to make sure.

I like to eat pre-made soup when I am sick and I don't feel like making homemade.

Thanks again!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

Progresso Creamy Mushroom and Progresso Clam Chowder (thick and hearty) are two staples in our house. There are a few others of Progresso that are safe as well.

Sweetfudge Community Regular
Progresso Creamy Mushroom and Progresso Clam Chowder (thick and hearty) are two staples in our house. There are a few others of Progresso that are safe as well.

I also love progresso's creamy mushroom soup, but it's so hard to find here. guess campbell's is more popular or something. but when i see it, i stock up!!!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I eat the Healthy Request chicken and rice, its in the green cans.

bbuster Explorer

Last time I was at Sam's Club they had a new soup combo - an 8-pack of Old El Paso

ready to serve, 4 cans each Chicken Cheese Enchilada and Southwest Style Chicken soup. They were really good and the label appeared to be gluten-free, and I checked and found them on a confirmed gluten-free products list.

Archived