Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Looking For gluten-free Coco Butter Cream

10 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I want to try and prevent stretch marks. I've heard that coco butter is the best thing to use but so far the couple of creams I've looked at contain wheat. Does anyone know of a brand that does not? Does anyone know if Palmers brand is ok? I was told that is the best kind to use. If anyone knows of something else that is supposed to prevent stretch marks I could use that instead.

Ads by Google:
Hello all,

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I want to try and prevent stretch marks. I've heard that coco butter is the best thing to use but so far the couple of creams I've looked at contain wheat. Does anyone know of a brand that does not? Does anyone know if Palmers brand is ok? I was told that is the best kind to use. If anyone knows of something else that is supposed to prevent stretch marks I could use that instead.

Look for one that's just pure cocoa butter (no other ingredients). I got one at my health food store that came in a stick - sort of like a really large chap stick. I can't remember what brand it was, but it worked really well (for dry skin)...

I've heard you have to stay away from Palmer's also. I bought a jar of 100% pure coca butter and use that. it's kinda funky in that the one i have at least is solid so i scrape some off and put in the microwave to soften it/melt it into an oil but it feels so good going on (and it's great to put on your feet too!!!)

Received sample of a Belly Cream from Herbology Beauty Co. Whole company is gluten free because woman who started it is celiac. She said product would be going on sale this month. Had Organic Cocoa and Organic Shea Butter.

Hello all,

Queen Helene offers a 100% cocoa butter. This is a great product and is available at any convenience store at a very affordable price.

J/A/S/O/N has a cream with cocoabutter in it. It felt rather thick/sticky on my skin, though, and made me itch, but that has more to do with my other allergies/sensitivities. It's gluten-free, and I found it at the GNC.

Queen Helene is the brand that Mango's referring to, and that one's my favorite. :)

Queen Helene offers a 100% cocoa butter. This is a great product and is available at any convenience store at a very affordable price.

Sally Beauty Supply also carries Queen Helene.

I hope that you're able to find a product that is gluten free, I don't have any suggestions for you.

Unfortunately, no amount of cream will prevent stretch marks. Some develop them in the first pregnancy, some are lucky enough to never develop them, and some, like me, only develop them (on the belly) after multiple pregnancies...I had stretch markes elsewhere before pregnancy, likely because of EDS (Ehlers Danlos Syndrome). :)

Michelle

Hello all,

I bought just recently a great cream, called 'Natural Body Butter' from Dr. Mercola's website. Here is the link (scroll down to the bottom to find the body butter) http://shop.mercola.com/Personal-Care-c16.aspx

Here are the ingredients:

Organic aloe vera juice, distilled water, organic virgin coconut oil, emulsifying wax (plant-based), organic jojoba oil, monolaurin, organic shea butter, organic mango butter, and natural palm oil.

I bought three tubs of it (because they had a special that you'd get free shipping on your entire order if you bought three), and gave one to my pregnant daughter. I haven't heard back from her yet on how she likes it, but will ask her tomorrow.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Honestly, I don't believe in all the cocoa butter stuff preventing stretch marks. I really thing it is genetics. But, I haven't checked if it was gluten-free or not, but with my last baby, someone gave me some Avon stuff. You may want to check that out.

Good luck with your pregnancy!