This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How Long Until I Start To Feel Better?

Melanie39531

Melanie39531 Newbie

I'm Melanie and newly diagnosed with Celiac after many years of going from doctor to doctor. I have been on the no-gluten diet for about 3-4 weeks. My quesiton to you is how long does it take to feeling better and how do you notice a change in your condition. I've done everything by the book, but I guess I expected to feel like a new person right away. I would appreciate any information you could give me about how you know if the diet is working or not working, etc.

Thank you in advance-

Melanie from Biloxi, MS

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cojaro Newbie

It took me about a month to feel better. And, boy, did I feel so much better! I was almost getting used to having stomach aches every other day; I didn't realize how much better I felt once I was gluten-free.

I'm sure it depends how long you were not gluten-free, but I'd expect that after a few weeks and definitely after two months you should be feeling much better.

• 3 weeks later...
shanluts Apprentice
I'm Melanie and newly diagnosed with Celiac after many years of going from doctor to doctor. I have been on the no-gluten diet for about 3-4 weeks. My quesiton to you is how long does it take to feeling better and how do you notice a change in your condition. I've done everything by the book, but I guess I expected to feel like a new person right away. I would appreciate any information you could give me about how you know if the diet is working or not working, etc.

Thank you in advance-

Melanie from Biloxi, MS

Hey there Melanie....Just wanted to post and say HI. I am gluten-free with Celiacs for 1.5 years and live in Gulfport. I would love a local celiac friend.

Shannon

Melanie39531 Newbie
Hey there Melanie....Just wanted to post and say HI. I am gluten-free with Celiacs for 1.5 years and live in Gulfport. I would love a local celiac friend.

Shannon

Melanie39531 Newbie

Hi Shannon!

Howdy neighbor! Thanks for saying hi. :) My family and I were just talking about how they wish I had someone around here to talk to about all this. I wanted to give you my e-mail address so we can keep in contact that way, so we don't have to get on the website to write each other. It's "MelanieCPhillips@aol.com". I'd love to pick you're brain on where to get some food in this town(I just moved here from Austin, Texas, so I'm not adjusting to Biloxi very well) and all sorts of stuff. I'm so excited that I have someone close. I have been on the diet for almost 2 months now, and I went to see Dr. McNair(the gastro doc that FINALLY found out what was wrong with me) last week and he walked in and I gave him a big hug and told him how much better I was feeling. I'm still not 100%, but I've been so sick and have gone undiagnosed for so many years(I'm 41 years old). I have lost count on how many different things I've been diagnosed with. I think the worst part of all of this has been the depression and spending my life in the bathroom after every meal(really puts a damper on your social life, the small one that I have...this is definitely not a town for single people. Oh well, getting better is on the of my list right now. I'd love to hear back from you!

Thanks

Melanie

• 4 weeks later...
AndrewNYC Explorer

6-8 months for me.

Archived