3 replies to this topic

#1 hvacceliac

hvacceliac

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 12:31 PM

Can anyone please help, I am embarassed to even mention this but wonder if anyone else has had the same issue. Iwas diagnosed with celiac about 5 months ago and have been having extreme nipple sensitivityfor about 5 weeks. I am a male in my 30's average height and in pretty good health besides this celiac thing. I have searched many web sites on celiac but cannot find anything concerning this issue. This is not a joke and I do not mean to offend anyone but was just curious if anyone who has had this disease longer than me could be of help.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LJCurly9

LJCurly9

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:56 PM

I have...but I didn't think to attribute it to the Celiac's, good point. Looking back, it didn't last all that long, but it was quite uncomfortable. So, you're not alone...but I don't really have anything that could be of help! I'm sorry!

Take care of you, and good luck!

#3 tammy

tammy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 06:06 PM

Hi,

I am a female and I have not had that skin sensitivity however I have read some people with celiac do have a lower testosterone level. Even if the testosterone levels have nothing to do with your current symptom, I might suggest waiting it out and try noticing if you are eating a lot of soy or phytoestrogen foods in your diet. Just a thought, but I bet it will subside soon.

Be well!

#4 McDougall

McDougall

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:35 PM

I'm your age and male. Had the same problem off and on all my life, worse when I ran while wearing a shirt. Would get bad enough to bleed often. The friction of clothing agravated it, a little vaseline helped. Since going gluten-free 30 days ago my knuckles on my hands have gotten really dried out/itchy painful, like that. I read a few things about HD and the related problems, I don't know enough to advise you but maybe the answer could be there. HD Dermatitis Herpetiformis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: