This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dancing With The Stars

Green12

Green12 Enthusiast

They just announced the stars for Season 6 :D

ADAM CAROLLA - Television and Radio personality Adam Carolla is the host of the Los Angeles based and nationally syndicated morning radio program, The Adam Carolla Show. The actor/comedian has his first starring film role soon to be released in The Hammer (in theaters March 21st), which he co-wrote and co-produced. Carolla was also one of the creators and hosts of Comedy Central's The Man Show (alongside Jimmy Kimmel) and the MTV and long-running syndicated radio program, Loveline, with Dr. Drew Pinsky.

CRISTI

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Wow that is quite the line up.

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks for all the details, Julie--I didn't know who a couple of them were :P

Looking forward to it!

Guhlia Rising Star

Woo-Hoo!!! Go Marlee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam Carolla?!?!?!?! That'll be a sight to see! Anyone think he'll dance any better than Wayne Newton? Somehow it doesn't seem fair pitting him against Kristi Yamaguchi... JMO

Green12 Enthusiast
Adam Carolla?!?!?!?! That'll be a sight to see! Anyone think he'll dance any better than Wayne Newton? Somehow it doesn't seem fair pitting him against Kristi Yamaguchi... JMO

I'm looking forward to it too, although I have to admit a few of the stars I have never heard of.

I would venture to guess Adam Carolla has the potential to be better than Wayne, Wayne was awfully stiff, but who knows it's always a surprise to see those you think will do well that don't, or vice versa.

I frankly can't picture Penn ballroom dancing :lol::lol:

I believe the new season starts March 17th :D

Guhlia Rising Star

Will Marlee be able to feel the music while wearing those big heels?

Green12 Enthusiast
Will Marlee be able to feel the music while wearing those big heels?

That's a good question :huh:

I'm rooting for her, I hope she does well!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 4 weeks later...
Green12 Enthusiast

Anyone going to watch tonight?!?!?! :D

jerseyangel Proficient
Anyone going to watch tonight?!?!?! :D

Julie!!!! :D I've missed you the last few days and I was hoping you'd check back today of all days!

Of course I'm watching tonight--can't wait....and of course, I have already set the DVR for Big Bang Theory :lol: If I can wait that long, I think I'll watch it on Wednesday since there's not much else on.

confused Community Regular

Thanks for posting it was on, i wouldnt have remembered, I will have to watch back and forth tho since i have to watch intervention on mondays lol

paula

Guhlia Rising Star

OMG, it starts tonight already?!?!?! I'm so excited!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
OMG, it starts tonight already?!?!?! I'm so excited!!!

I know :D How are you and the little ones, Angie?

jerseyangel Proficient

Well, what did everyone think?

I liked Jason Taylor and Mario for the men and Kristi Yamaguchi for the women. I thought Pricilla Presley did well, but I'm not a big fan....

I also thought Steve Gutenburg was charming :)

Green12 Enthusiast

I LOVED IT!!

The 2 nights is killing me though, I will be happy when they consolidate it into one......hmmmm but now that I am thinking about it it will always be 2 nights, one for the dancing and one for the vote off. Ugh! It makes it hard to keep up.

But I digress :D

loved it, loved it, loved it!

Every season I think it could never top the season before, but there are a lot of FUN Stars this time around. Penn and Adam Carolla are hysterical! Mario is probably my favorite guy, but I am with you Patti I like Jason too.

For the gals, I liked Kristi and Marlee (she did amazing!) Pricilla did better than I thought she would. I felt bad for Monica Seles, I could tell she was so out of her comfort zone but good for her for trying something new.

Guhlia Rising Star
I know :D How are you and the little ones, Angie?

We are doing well. Annika is still suffering from the rash, but its no where near as bad as it was while I was breastfeeding. We're are one by one going through the formulas trying to find the right one for her. She started on Claritin today for the itching and her rash seems to be MUCH better as well, so maybe that's our answer? Who knows. I'm just glad it doesn't look like she's covered in cigarette burns anymore. That was awful. Tori's well also. She tested negative through Enterolab. :) She's starting to read really well and is moving past just strict phonics. Its really cool to watch her growing up. She started gymnastics a few weeks ago and she loves it. She's on spring break right now so I'm just trying to spend as much time with her as possible before she goes back to school.

Well, what did everyone think?

I liked Jason Taylor and Mario for the men and Kristi Yamaguchi for the women. I thought Pricilla Presley did well, but I'm not a big fan....

I also thought Steve Gutenburg was charming :)

I really liked Marlee Matlin. I thought she did amazingly well, especially considering she's deaf. She represents one of my favorite TV shows, so I'm really cheering for her. I thought Jason and Mario were very good for the men. I thought Kristi Yamaguchi did really well, but I can't stand her from her figure skating days. Ugh, so boring... Presley did very well too, especially for her age. I was surprised. How old is she???

Anyway, I'm really rooting for Marlee Matlin this year. I know she won't win, but what an inspiration to others!!!

Green12 Enthusiast
I really liked Marlee Matlin. I thought she did amazingly well, especially considering she's deaf. She represents one of my favorite TV shows, so I'm really cheering for her. I thought Jason and Mario were very good for the men. I thought Kristi Yamaguchi did really well, but I can't stand her from her figure skating days. Ugh, so boring... Presley did very well too, especially for her age. I was surprised. How old is she???

Anyway, I'm really rooting for Marlee Matlin this year. I know she won't win, but what an inspiration to others!!!

I agree, Marlee was amazing! I hope she goes far in the competition.

Pricilla is 62.

• 2 weeks later...
Green12 Enthusiast

What does everyone think about who was kicked off first, Monica Seles for the ladies and Penn for the men?

I felt so bad for Monica, I thought she was judged harshly. This is something she was totally not used to doing, no dancing experience whatsoever, and she put her self out there to try something new, I thought she did pretty well considering.

Same with Penn.

But, someone always has to go, the name of the game I guess.

Guhlia Rising Star

I was actually glad to see Penn go. I thought he was a little on the obnoxious side with his comments to the judges.

I'm really rooting for Marlee Matlin this season. I don't think she'll win, but I hope she goes to the finals.

jerseyangel Proficient
What does everyone think about who was kicked off first, Monica Seles for the ladies and Penn for the men?

I felt so bad for Monica, I thought she was judged harshly. This is something she was totally not used to doing, no dancing experience whatsoever, and she put her self out there to try something new, I thought she did pretty well considering.

I wasn't surprised--I actually thought they would be the first two to go. I know what you mean, though--Monica tried so hard and was visibly hurt when she was eliminated. I feel so bad for the first to go--all that work for one try at it. :(

I was actually glad to see Penn go. I thought he was a little on the obnoxious side with his comments to the judges.

I'm really rooting for Marlee Matlin this season. I don't think she'll win, but I hope she goes to the finals.

I have to say I didn't care for Penn either....I love Marlee and I'll bet she makes it to the finals--or very close.

Green12 Enthusiast

Marlee amazes me, she was so good tonight.

I pretty much have the same favorites, Kristi, Jason, Mario, Adam Carolla was even suprisingly ok (I think he's so funny too)

Guhlia Rising Star

Julie, Marlee amazes me too. She is wonderful! She must be a very courageous woman to take on something like Dancing with the Stars.

I'm digging Adam Carolla too, though I think he'll be out either this week or next week. He makes me laugh. I remember watching him on the Man Show like ten years ago. lol

I'm also really impressed by Priscilla Presley. She's just so elegant and sexy for being 62.

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie, Marlee amazes me too. She is wonderful! She must be a very courageous woman to take on something like Dancing with the Stars.

I'm digging Adam Carolla too, though I think he'll be out either this week or next week. He makes me laugh. I remember watching him on the Man Show like ten years ago. lol

I'm also really impressed by Priscilla Presley. She's just so elegant and sexy for being 62.

I totally agree Angie. It's inspiring to see Marlee especially, but also Pricilla. I remember Adam from somewhere, but it wasn't the Man Show, I don't know if he was in any movies, or on an MTV show way back when. I am familiar with him, I just don't remember from where.

I guess I am not so surprised Steve Guttenberg was the next to go.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

how did I miss this thread.......... :blink:

I Loved last season but this has some good folks too.

will post again later have to run but wanted in on the fun. :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
how did I miss this thread.......... :blink:

I Loved last season but this has some good folks too.

will post again later have to run but wanted in on the fun. :lol:

Glad you are jumping in on the fun Judy!

Guhlia Rising Star

I also wasn't surprised to see Steve go. He was just kind of irritating. At least that's what my husband called it.

I really hope Marlee, Priscilla, and Jason are the top 3. I am sooooooo NOT a Yamaguchi fan. I didn't like her on the ice, and I don't like her on the dance floor. I'm not sure what it is about her, she just annoys me. She's boring.

Archived