This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

No Celiac Chat Sites

Grissomz

Grissomz Newbie

I've yet to find a full-time Celiac chat site.

I've seen some on a lot of other illnesses, but no go on Celiac.

If anyone know of one, don't hesitate to let me know.

Griss

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

No, I haven't found a celiac chat room, either. There are many message boards and I've been to a few, but I like this one best--enough information to be useful, but small enough to be personal and for you to actually feel like you know the people here.

I think that in a way, a message board is better than a chat room. If you have AIM, AOL, Yahoo Instant Messenger, MSN something, etc. you can talk to someone or even, with celiac AOL members, create a private chat room. On a message board, though, your topic stays up there forever, so you can get replies hours, days, and weeks later. Additionally, the information is left there for others to see and use....but no, I don't know of any chat rooms on celiac.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Hi!

I also am not really a fan of chat sites..... but I know of one at

www.delphiforums.com

Click on "Health and Wellness" on the left hand side. The celiac website is at the top of the list in this section..... They have a chat section in there, I don't know what it is like though.....

Have a great day!

Karen

celiac3270 Collaborator

Oh, wow...I didn't know there was a chat room at Delphi Forums! Never seen that...then again, I don't spend much time there...i'll go check it out, but I still like message boards :D

celiac3270 Collaborator

Oh, I went to the Delphi site, but I can't get the chat room feature to work...maybe nobody else was on--that might have been my problem. With some chat rooms, they only work if someone is already at the page waiting or something weird like that. I saw the feature, though :)

darlindeb25 Collaborator

are you a member of their forum--maybe u have to be a member for it to work--i have gone in there many times when no one else is there--it is very slow--but i have had lots of fun there :lol: deb

lovegrov Collaborator

The celiac chat room at delphi is rarely in use. I THINK there is a regular time when some people get on but you'd have to ask there.

richard

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

ON the Yahoo support group sites there is a chat feature, I don't know if many people go there.

celiac3270 Collaborator

I am a member there, but don't post--you're required to be a member to read the boards, so I joined for that purpose...

Thanks for the information, Richard.

angel-jd1 Community Regular

HA HA celiac3270........you post on my board!! I guess I just must be special :)

Even on the yahoo groups it is hard to get a time set aside to "chat" because people live in so many different time zones etc! I own a board there and I have tried getting the chat feature going and it seems to be hard for that reason. I would LOVE to be able to use that more, I think it would be a great resource.

I guess I'll have to try harder!! ;)

-Jessica :rolleyes:

celiac3270 Collaborator
HA HA celiac3270........you post on my board!! I guess I just must be special

Even on the yahoo groups it is hard to get a time set aside to "chat" because people live in so many different time zones etc! I own a board there and I have tried getting the chat feature going and it seems to be hard for that reason. I would LOVE to be able to use that more, I think it would be a great resource.

LOL... :D

Yes, that's another obstacle...there's a three hour difference between the east coast and the west coast...then there are also people from the UK on many of these boards.....there's a 5 hour difference between the east coast of the US and the UK....etc.

Archived