Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Celiac Society - Philippines, Now Forming!

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Lan

Lan

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:55 PM

Celiac Society - Philippines, Now forming!

We realize that as more and more wheat and wheat by-products are being dumped into the Philippine Market - more and more Filipinos are suffering from Celiac or D.H. or other gluten related illnesses.

Filipinos were at one time considered to be Celiac free. However it is proven that the farther a Filipino gets from the traditionally Filipino Diet, naturally gluten-free and uses "modern" manufacturing the more they are becoming seriously ill with Gluten reactions.

One report was that it is believed that an American diet would give 1 in 97 Filipinos Celiac or D.H. - that is a higher rate than the American Population of 1 in 133.

In order to have a voice in out future, a couple Families have started a Celiac Society ~ Philippines and hope to have a voice in legislation that effects our lives, as well as provide information and helpful support to others in the Philippines that are suffering - so we can all get better together!

It is just a begining but the Celiac Society Philippines Website can be found at:
Celiac Society ~ Philippines

If you are in the Philippines we hope you will join with us in improving the lives of Gluten Reactive People in the Philippines.

Thank You and God Bless You,

aLan Tait

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Bengalkat

Bengalkat

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:43 AM

Celiac Society - Philippines, Now forming!

We realize that as more and more wheat and wheat by-products are being dumped into the Philippine Market - more and more Filipinos are suffering from Celiac or D.H. or other gluten related illnesses.

Filipinos were at one time considered to be Celiac free. However it is proven that the farther a Filipino gets from the traditionally Filipino Diet, naturally gluten-free and uses "modern" manufacturing the more they are becoming seriously ill with Gluten reactions.

One report was that it is believed that an American diet would give 1 in 97 Filipinos Celiac or D.H. - that is a higher rate than the American Population of 1 in 133.

In order to have a voice in out future, a couple Families have started a Celiac Society ~ Philippines and hope to have a voice in legislation that effects our lives, as well as provide information and helpful support to others in the Philippines that are suffering - so we can all get better together!

It is just a begining but the Celiac Society Philippines Website can be found at:
Celiac Society ~ Philippines

If you are in the Philippines we hope you will join with us in improving the lives of Gluten Reactive People in the Philippines.

Thank You and God Bless You,

aLan Tait

I live in Philippines now and have celiac. Is your site active? I'm noticing some problematic links there.

B

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:49 AM

I live in Philippines now and have celiac. Is your site active? I'm noticing some problematic links there.

B

This post is from 2008. The information might not be valid now. Websites change. The person who posted it likely hasn't
checked this site in years.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 Bengalkat

Bengalkat

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

This post is from 2008. The information might not be valid now. Websites change. The person who posted it likely hasn't
checked this site in years.

I know, I was just hoping.

B

#5 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

The OP was last logged in here on Aug 16, 2008.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 Bengalkat

Bengalkat

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

The OP was last logged in here on Aug 16, 2008.

Thanks. I wonder if there is anyone else here in Philippines.

B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: