18 replies to this topic

#16 Simon_Australia

Simon_Australia

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

I've tried "gluten-free" breads ad infinitum and all of them make me feel pretty average.

I was so determined to find something that would replace the delicious gluteny breads I loved. 

Thinking back, I must have thrown out around two dozen half eaten loaves made by various brands.

As a former bread/butter lover, I skip bread now as a rule.  It's been so long since I've eaten bread now, I really don't miss it any more.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 ROOMA4Baking

ROOMA4Baking

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:36 AM

Yeah I made mind a bit special using a bit of chia, ground chia, ground flax and some other things for extra binding and texture to give it more rye bread like feeling, Works best toasted, been selling it at the local farmers market, along with other gluten free baked goods.I still feel its missing something, I could get some carmalized sugar to ground into a powder to give it that dark color, perhaps add a bit of teff flour?

#18 CarolinaKip

CarolinaKip

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

Canyon Bakehouse Deli style "rye" Is wonderful! I had to check the bag to make sure it was gluten free. Some Target stores are starting to carry this brand.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10
Endo biopsy positive 5/10
Gluten free 5/10

#19 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

Canyon Bakehouse Deli style "rye" Is wonderful! I had to check the bag to make sure it was gluten free. Some Target stores are starting to carry this brand.

I can find this brand. It not the " rye". I even checked in Colorado where it is made!

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: