Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Starbucks Bottled Frappuccino Gluten Free?

• Please log in to reply

10 replies to this topic

#1 helenabbadi

helenabbadi

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

Does anyone know if the starbucks bottled frappuccinos you buy at the grocery store are gluten free? And what flavors might be gluten free?
Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:17 PM

I'm pretty sure they are gluten-free, but they're really sweet!!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#3 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

Yep, they are gluten free and they are sooo good. Not as good as the ones you get actually at Starbucks though
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#4 aaron&sam

aaron&sam

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

Yep, they are gluten free and they are sooo good. Not as good as the ones you get actually at Starbucks though

Have you investigated what is gluten free at Starbucks?? :) flavored coffees etc.
Sandra

two children with Celiac disease, ages 13 and 17. Celiac diagnosis
through blood tests and biopsies.
gluten free (or at least trying) Nov. 2006

#5 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:09 AM

Have you investigated what is gluten free at Starbucks?? :) flavored coffees etc.

All of their hot drinks are OK--the syrups are all gluten-free. Most of the frappaccino's are too, but there's 1 or 2 that aren't so you have to worry about cc. We just stick with the hot and iced drinks and leave the blended alone.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

#6 aaron&sam

aaron&sam

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:14 AM

All of their hot drinks are OK--the syrups are all gluten-free. Most of the frappaccino's are too, but there's 1 or 2 that aren't so you have to worry about cc. We just stick with the hot and iced drinks and leave the blended alone.

thanks
Sandra

#7 aaron&sam

aaron&sam

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:49 PM

Can you tell me which ones are not gluten-free? My daughter loves the mocha frappaccino's, but they are blended!
Sandra

#8 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:16 AM

I posted this in Feb 08:

I just talked to 'Dave' in customer services at Starbucks (1-800-23LATTE) and he said that the only gluten containing items they have (besides the bakery/food items) are the frappaccino's--vanilla bean and chocolate chip, the malted frapp. isn't carried anymore and the egg nog they use during the holidays has trace amounts of gluten. Otherwise, all of the syrups ARE gluten-free, specifically the mocha syrup.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

#9 aaron&sam

aaron&sam

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:51 AM

I posted this in Feb 08:

I just talked to 'Dave' in customer services at Starbucks (1-800-23LATTE) and he said that the only gluten containing items they have (besides the bakery/food items) are the frappaccino's--vanilla bean and chocolate chip, the malted frapp. isn't carried anymore and the egg nog they use during the holidays has trace amounts of gluten. Otherwise, all of the syrups ARE gluten-free, specifically the mocha syrup.

Thanks, I am new to the forum and did not see what you had posted before! Very helpful!
Sandra

#10 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:56 AM

Thanks, I am new to the forum and did not see what you had posted before! Very helpful!

Never a problem!!! I'm here to help, everyone here has helped me so much, so whatever i can do, I'm there!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

#11 GinaY

GinaY

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:48 PM

I posted this in Feb 08:

Thank you! I just had a choc. chip frappuccino today and got so sick with it. Now I know for sure it was the gluten. I shall stay away from those three from now on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: