5 replies to this topic

#1 SherriRoy

SherriRoy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 08:26 PM

I was just wondering if there is brand that has gluten free beef soup base. Really I need to make a beef dip for prime rib, and I was wondering a brand that didn't use maltodextrose.

Oh, this brings me to another question...maltedextrose and maltodextrose...is there any difference? And are they gluten free. I was told once that maltedextrose was, but I am not sure. Is it not from wheat?

Thanks
Sherri

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:05 AM

;) i posted this in another post, but here goes---i found a soup base made by Superior Touch foods---it's called, "BETTER THAN BOUILLON", and it's very good--i have the chicken base, i dont like beef so i didnt check it out--my sister found this in michigan at horrbucks and i found it here on long island at king kullen's and at pathmark--so it must be out there--she did say there are lots of bases that are ok, you just need to call the company and confirm it--deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#3 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:27 AM

Herb-ox boullion is gluten free, even states it on the label. It is made by Hormel. That is what I use. It can be found in the regular grocery store.

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#4 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:51 AM

If you're talking about maltodextrin, it's gluten-free in the U.S.

richard

#5 SherriRoy

SherriRoy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:06 PM

Thank you for he relplies. I'll go out right away and check for those brands in Canada. Maybe I will get lucky and I'll have a fantastic supper.

I was talking about maltodextrin and I believe that it is gluten-free here in canada too.

Thanks again!
Sherri

#6 4d earth

4d earth

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:52 PM

[size="4"]http://www.orringtonfarms.com/Gluten_Free_Bases_page.htm This company has soup baseand and organic bases that you could use. We have used them before I was Gluten free and they were very good. going to buy the gluten free version.[/size]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: