Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Beef Soup Base

6 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if there is brand that has gluten free beef soup base. Really I need to make a beef dip for prime rib, and I was wondering a brand that didn't use maltodextrose.

Oh, this brings me to another question...maltedextrose and maltodextrose...is there any difference? And are they gluten free. I was told once that maltedextrose was, but I am not sure. Is it not from wheat?

Thanks

Sherri

Ads by Google:
;) i posted this in another post, but here goes---i found a soup base made by Superior Touch foods---it's called, "BETTER THAN BOUILLON", and it's very good--i have the chicken base, i dont like beef so i didnt check it out--my sister found this in michigan at horrbucks and i found it here on long island at king kullen's and at pathmark--so it must be out there--she did say there are lots of bases that are ok, you just need to call the company and confirm it--deb

Herb-ox boullion is gluten free, even states it on the label. It is made by Hormel. That is what I use. It can be found in the regular grocery store.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

If you're talking about maltodextrin, it's gluten-free in the U.S.

richard

Thank you for he relplies. I'll go out right away and check for those brands in Canada. Maybe I will get lucky and I'll have a fantastic supper.

I was talking about maltodextrin and I believe that it is gluten-free here in canada too.

Thanks again!

Sherri