This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cadbury Mini Eggs =(

Moongirl

Moongirl Community Regular

This is a sad day, Hersheys says not to eat the mini eggs, because the natual flavoring may contain gluten =( they must have changed from last year, cause i verified it safe last year

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jayhawkmom Enthusiast

I'd trust them on that one. Especially since, for whatever reason, they added WHEAT to the Cadbury Cream Eggs. Shame on Hershey. :angry:

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I am still eating them and have not had a problem. I had some today. Ingredients have not changed on my bag.

I am still eating them and have not had a problem. I had some today. Ingredients have not changed on my bag.

The ingredients didnt change on the bag she said, but they changed the ingredients in their natural flavorings..she told me they are not suitable for celiacs!

Lisa Mentor
The ingredients didnt change on the bag she said, but they changed the ingredients in their natural flavorings..she told me they are not suitable for celiacs!

I would demand specifics for that statement. Going to call them now. I have eaten them for weeks now to my delight.

If they are changed their natural flavoring and it contains wheat it by law needs to be listed on the bag. Did they say it contained the wheat?

I would demand specifics for that statement. Going to call them now. I have eaten them for weeks now to my delight.

Lisa have you had any problems when you were eating them....I know I have not and I ate them today as well.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star
Lisa have you had any problems when you were eating them....I know I have not and I ate them today as well.

And Amanda eats lots :D

Lisa Mentor

No, I have had no gluten issues nor is there anything on the ingredients listing to indicate so.

I just called and their office closes at 4:00. I will try their website at www.hersheys.com

I strongly feel that the information given regarding natural flavors is from an uneducated/uninformed employee.

BTW, are we talking US here?

Lisa Mentor
No, I have had no gluten issues nor is there anything on the ingredients listing to indicate do.

I just called and their office closes at 4:00. I will try their website at www.hersheys.com

I strongly feel that the information given regarding natural flavors is from an uneducated/uninformed employee.

Open Original Shared Link

Can you send me an allergen list?

We have found that allergen lists quickly become outdated as our product lines change over time. Rather than have you make purchase decisions based on outdated information, we encourage you to check the ingredient label on the package. This label provides accurate, current information about all the ingredients in the package.

That is enough of an answer for me and I shall continue to indulge.

Open Original Shared Link

Can you send me an allergen list?

We have found that allergen lists quickly become outdated as our product lines change over time. Rather than have you make purchase decisions based on outdated information, we encourage you to check the ingredient label on the package. This label provides accurate, current information about all the ingredients in the package.

That is enough of an answer for me and I shall continue to indulge.

She didnt say it was wheat, she did say the natural flavorings is not suitable for celiacs. I was surprised myself, but she did say that they do change ingredients and to call if there are any questions about them.

No, I have had no gluten issues nor is there anything on the ingredients listing to indicate so.

Sorry yes it is the US

Lisa Mentor

Hershey's # 1-800-468-1714 (weekdays 9 - 4 ) Best thing to do is call in the morning for those with concerns.

Hershey's # 1-800-461-1714 (weekdays 9 - 4 ) Best thing to do is call in the morning.

If you want specifics I gave her this SKU #3400007252 from a 1.5oz bag Im sure it doesnt matter, but they may ask for one. Im hoping there is a different answer, I loveee those!

And Amanda eats lots :D

yes I do, you know me so well :)

I think Momma Goose is right, the employee may have been uneducated.

Lisa Mentor

I certainly have been know to be wrong. Natural Flavors can contain barley, MALT or rye. Chocolate and malt can go together. :(

any word yet?

Lisa Mentor
any word yet?

I e-mailed yesterday and I am on the phone as we speak.

I e-mailed yesterday and I am on the phone as we speak.

I would call but I am awaiting two calls from my patients and some other calls from my medical monitor. Sorry :) Thanks Lisa!

Lisa Mentor

OK... Still awaiting a call from a supervisor, as I was not satisfied with the customer relation person, who was reading off of a script and my questions were not on the script.

Customer Relation Person:

Natural flavor is a natural product and is not symthetic based (I inquired further)

Not listed as a gluten free product ( I asked why and what categorized it as non-gluten free)

I was then transferd to a "busy" superviser and am awaiting their call. (yeah right)

I mentioned the 20,000 members here as well as my association with the CDFoundation and we have many, many inquiring minds! ;)

It would be great if all available people would call and make similar inquiries:

The Hershey Company

1 (800) 468-1714

www.hersheys.com

Sorry All just got off the phone with another rep from Hersheys and she said that because the natural flavors is outsourced they can not guarentee that is does not contain any gluten ingredients, and she didnt know specifically what it was....Im thinking it has to be something other then wheat obviously.... :(

OK... Still awaiting a call from a supervisor, as I was not satisfied with the customer relation person, who was reading off of a script and my questions were not on the script.

Customer Relation Person:

Natural flavor is a natural product and is not symthetic based (I inquired further)

Not listed as a gluten free product ( I asked why and what categorized it as non-gluten free)

I was then transferd to a "busy" superviser and am awaiting their call. (yeah right)

I mentioned to 20,000 members here as well as my association with the CDFoundation and we have many, many inquiring minds! ;)

It would be great if all available people would call and make similar inquiries:

The Hershey Company

1 (800) 468-1714

www.hersheys.com

This is kind of rediculous, Hersheys does have this problem since they started making a 'list' of gluten-free products (these are the ones specfically tested for gluten i believe is what they told me), they usually dont know what is up with the products not on their list.....unfortunately Im staying away from these

jerseyangel Proficient
Sorry All just got off the phone with another rep from Hersheys and she said that because the natural flavors is outsourced they can not guarentee that is does not contain any gluten ingredients, and she didnt know specifically what it was....Im thinking it has to be something other then wheat obviously.... :(

Just sticking my nose in this, but I called Hershey just now and was told this very thing. I asked if the "natural flavor" might contain barley, and she said they just don't know, but want to make this information available to us so we can make the decision to eat or not.

I said "so, it may or may not contain gluten", and she said "yes".

I also asked if this was the case for their other products that list "natural flavors", and she said that it was.

Just sticking my nose in this, but I called Hershey just now and was told this very thing. I asked if the "natural flavor" might contain barley, and she said they just don't know, but want to make this information available to us so we can make the decision to eat or not.

I also asked if this was the case for their other products that list "natural flavors", and she said that it was.

Ok by now Hershey's has just plain Pi$$ed me off. First they up and move to Mexico and China and take jobs away from my neighbors to save money...Now they can't even say what is in their products? How do you know not know? Honest to god is it that freaking hard....they are getting lazier at Hershey's. When we drive by there later to head to teh store I'll flip the bird at the factory for all of us!

Forget the Great American Chocolate Bar....

That is pretty much what I was getting, so pretty much what they are saying is the products not on their gluten-free list, they dont know if its gluten-free or not, if it has the natural flavorings....

Archived