4 replies to this topic

#1 DrLeonard

DrLeonard

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:51 PM

A nutritionist assured me years ago that Bombay Sapphire Gin is gluten-free, but now that I'm looking for confirmation I can't find any.

Anybody know?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:42 PM

All distilled alcohol is gluten-free unless gluten is added afterward. I would feel safe with the Bombay but do not have documentation showing it is gluten-free. You can go to bombaysapphire.com and there's a place there to see ingredients. There's also a contact link but it wasn't working when I was there.

Thes are gluten-free, according to the manufacturer. Booths is good.

Booths
Gordons
Gordons Citrus
Gordons Wildberry
Popov

richard

#3 Sterndogg

Sterndogg

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:25 PM

I drink Bombay with zero problems and it's my favorite gin. Most hard alcohols are indeed gluten-free as Richard says, even if grain-based due to the distallation process unless they add a gluten-containing substance afterwards. :D

#4 pinksmashing

pinksmashing

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

I drink Bombay with zero problems and it's my favorite gin. Most hard alcohols are indeed gluten-free as Richard says, even if grain-based due to the distallation process unless they add a gluten-containing substance afterwards. :D

Hi...I love bombay sapphire and I'm newly diagnosed and still having issues with finding what is and isn't gluten free. What about the tonic that goes in the gin and tonic? Is that gluten free?

#5 still tiredofdoctors!

still tiredofdoctors!

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:15 PM

With regard to alcohol being gluten-free after distillation: After YEARS of knowing Richard, if he says something is gluten-free, it is. He also is EXPERT at providing links to sites available. He rocks!!
Lynne Previously "tiredofdoctors!!!", but I had SO much difficulty retrieving a lost password
Diagnosed with "Sprue-Related Ataxia" January 2005; Gluten-Free Lifestyle since August 2005 (Denial ain't just a river in Egypt)
To see additional diagnoses and what predisposed me to the seroconversin to celiac vs. gluten interolerant, view "About Me" page
"If you have to choose between being right and being kind . . . pick kind. Wayne Dyer, PhD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: