Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Can Taking "lactaid" Etc Harm You If You Are Not Lactose Intolerant?

• Please log in to reply

22 replies to this topic

#1 toomuchagony

toomuchagony

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:14 AM

Hey Again Folks

Firstly, gee let me say I hope I posted this question to the correct category of forum????

I am wondering, if I do "reintroduce dairy using Lactaid etc meds" and it turns out I am actually NOT lactose intolerant, can/will the meds either harm me, or LORD FORBID "worsen/effect my symptoms"?

I do know that once in the distant past I'd tried taking a product called BEANO (enzmes for digestion) and I had an extreme cramping etc attack lasted 2 days from it... now because of course I already do have all these ongoing symptom troubles, I am a tad leary that if I take the Lactaid and it somehow is disagreeable with me that I will NOT be able to distinguish at all in fact that it's the Lactaid rather than Celiac itself? ANY info, suggestions MUCHLY appreciated... I really would like to have a bit of "butter" on my currently PLAIN everything, but am terrified to in case I am truly lactose intolerant also, I do so much want to get better and fear doing anything to PROLONG the healing process I've begun! :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gfp

gfp

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

Hey Again Folks

Firstly, gee let me say I hope I posted this question to the correct category of forum????

I am wondering, if I do "reintroduce dairy using Lactaid etc meds" and it turns out I am actually NOT lactose intolerant, can/will the meds either harm me, or LORD FORBID "worsen/effect my symptoms"?

I do know that once in the distant past I'd tried taking a product called BEANO (enzmes for digestion) and I had an extreme cramping etc attack lasted 2 days from it... now because of course I already do have all these ongoing symptom troubles, I am a tad leary that if I take the Lactaid and it somehow is disagreeable with me that I will NOT be able to distinguish at all in fact that it's the Lactaid rather than Celiac itself? ANY info, suggestions MUCHLY appreciated... I really would like to have a bit of "butter" on my currently PLAIN everything, but am terrified to in case I am truly lactose intolerant also, I do so much want to get better and fear doing anything to PROLONG the healing process I've begun! :(

Everyone over the age of 5 is lactose intolerant. We were never designed to drink milk once we are weaned. We find eating monkey brains repulsive, many far eastern cultures consider drinking a cows milk just as digusting ... Personally, I love cheese but hey ... I eat it because I like it not because i think its good for me.
Quite if lactade can hurt is another matter? But probably not so much as the milk in the first place.
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

#3 yolo

yolo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:15 PM

Hey Again Folks

I can understand your concern and frustration, however, why not use butter? It has no lactose in it. As far as the milk they call Lactaid, it will either work for you or not. I can't tolerate it but my mother and brother can. I don't think it will overall worsen your symptoms to try it. If it doesn't agree with you, it might set you back a day or two but that's all.

By the way, plant enzyme combos usually are very helpful for someone who has celiac (avoid ox bile however). Lactase is usually one of the ingredients; it helps digest lactose. In my experience no one I know of has a problem with it. Just make sure there is no gluten in it. You may or may not tolerate or need HCL. Depends on how much stomach acid you have. I produce a lot of HCL despite not having enough enzymes in my intestinal tract--so I avoid enzyme mixes that have HCL.

Another really safe enzyme combo is bromelain/papain (made from pineapples and papaya). It helps heal the villi too since it is fibronylitic (anti scarring). It is thus good to both take with food -- and away from it for the anti scarring effect.

Another good enzyme mix is Pancreatin which specifically targets the intestines.

Probably the BEANO didn't work due to the enzymes being fermented. Plus I hear there is a very small amount of gluten in it. It may also be you don't tolerate beans very well. Certainly whenever your villi are blunted it makes eating beans very difficult.

I want to add that taking marshmallow root caps and slippery elm caps regularly (one 3 times a day of each at separate times) will go a long way to helping soothe and heal the villi in your gut.

Hope you feel better trying this rather than more agony!
Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

#4 toomuchagony

toomuchagony

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

Hello yolo! THANK YOU so much for all these wonderful suggestions... MAN do I have a lot to learn! I really appreaciate your sharing your ides with me... I just wonder though, can I ask ya please...

Regards the "plant enzyme combos"... do ya happen to know any "specifc items/brands to look for" (I am in Chilliwack BC Canada so have limited availability to "shop" for many things here. Also... sorry but "what is HCL"? And is it listed as that on the lableing then?? Lastly, regards the "bromelain/papain" unfortunately I'm utterly ignorant to what that is as well... again is there a specific item to look for?

THANKS again.... I am becoming so very depressed with all this... (I know is new & takes time & I am hardly obviously alone eh!) but having suffered with this agony for over 7 weeks now, well gee I guess I am just desperately seeking whatever relief I might be able to instigate in myself and to bring some "momentum" to my healing.

I can understand your concern and frustration, however, why not use butter? It has no lactose in it. As far as the milk they call Lactaid, it will either work for you or not. I can't tolerate it but my mother and brother can. I don't think it will overall worsen your symptoms to try it. If it doesn't agree with you, it might set you back a day or two but that's all.

By the way, plant enzyme combos usually are very helpful for someone who has celiac (avoid ox bile however). Lactase is usually one of the ingredients; it helps digest lactose. In my experience no one I know of has a problem with it. Just make sure there is no gluten in it. You may or may not tolerate or need HCL. Depends on how much stomach acid you have. I produce a lot of HCL despite not having enough enzymes in my intestinal tract--so I avoid enzyme mixes that have HCL.

Another really safe enzyme combo is bromelain/papain (made from pineapples and papaya). It helps heal the villi too since it is fibronylitic (anti scarring). It is thus good to both take with food -- and away from it for the anti scarring effect.

Another good enzyme mix is Pancreatin which specifically targets the intestines.

Probably the BEANO didn't work due to the enzymes being fermented. Plus I hear there is a very small amount of gluten in it. It may also be you don't tolerate beans very well. Certainly whenever your villi are blunted it makes eating beans very difficult.

I want to add that taking marshmallow root caps and slippery elm caps regularly (one 3 times a day of each at separate times) will go a long way to helping soothe and heal the villi in your gut.

Hope you feel better trying this rather than more agony!

#5 dbmamaz

dbmamaz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:30 PM

I bought beano the other day - brought it home and noticed wheat is on the ingredients list! I dont think you were talking about drinking lactaid milk - that cant hurt, but some folks say they can taste teh difference. My family uses it. However, taking the lactaid pills- i would just be sure they dont have gluten in them. They arent dangerous at all, unless you react to something else in them. All in all, tho, its safer to just avoid dairy. Another option is to take acidophoulus, which is the active ingredient in yoghurt, that turns it in to yoghurt.
Cara - 42, mom to dd 15, ds 12, ds 4
Off gluten and dairy (and tapioca ;-( ) since 11/07
A.L.C.A.T. test showed over 50 sensitive foods
Celiac panel came back negative.
Regular allergy testing reacted to every inhalant and all but 6 foods.
Slowly adding in foods, started w 19 and now have 25

#6 JennyC

JennyC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

Actually, not all people over the age of five are lactose intolerant, it just can begin to occur after that age. If you take Lactaid and you are not lactose intolerant, over a period of time you can make yourself become lactose intolerant. Lactase is the enzyme that digests lactose, and your body only makes the enzyme when lactose is present. If you take Lactaid, it breaks down the lactose and your cells never become stimulated to produce the enzyme lactase. After a while they think the enzyme lactase is not needed, so they quit making it, making you lactose intolerant. If possible, I would try to get hydrogen breath testing done for lactose intolerance. I hope this helps. :)
Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.
Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

#7 toomuchagony

toomuchagony

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

Actually, not all people over the age of five are lactose intolerant, it just can begin to occur after that age. If you take Lactaid and you are not lactose intolerant, over a period of time you can make yourself become lactose intolerant. Lactase is the enzyme that digests lactose, and your body only makes the enzyme when lactose is present. If you take Lactaid, it breaks down the lactose and your cells never become stimulated to produce the enzyme lactase. After a while they think the enzyme lactase is not needed, so they quit making it, making you lactose intolerant. If possible, I would try to get hydrogen breath testing done for lactose intolerance. I hope this helps. :)

OH Thank You JennyC... greatly appreciate the help from all... I am unfamiliar with the testing you mentioned "hydrogen breath test"... "can I just ask my Dr to get that"? AND it happens I just had a "breath test" of some sort on Tuesday, (day before they did my Ttg blood test, but said I needed to "fast 4 hours" prior to the breath one so had to go back next day), but they said it was for H.Pylori (?sp) at the time, is this the "same test" you refer to, or no? Sorry for my MEGA ignorance with this :huh:

#8 itchygirl

itchygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

HCL is hydrochloric acid-the acid we have in our stomachs. Some people find it aids in digestion. And helps prevent food poisoning. :)
bromelain is an enzyme derived from pineapple, its good for digestion, and sinus infections and other inflamatory stuff
Papain is an enzyme derived from Papaya, it breaks down the proteins in meat (that is why its used as a meat tenderizer)
Pancreatin is made from pancreas, it digests pretty much everything.
Since you are Canadian and have medical coverage, you may wish to ask your doc for a prescription pancreatic enzyme product to help with your D since that may be cheaper than buying over the counter. Here is a recent study on pancreatic enzymes and D in celiac for him or her...
http://www.blackwell...journalCode=apt
Hope this helps!
I don't eat gluten and neither do my cats

#9 yolo

yolo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:04 PM

Hello yolo! THANK YOU so much for all these wonderful suggestions... MAN do I have a lot to learn! I really appreaciate your sharing your ides with me... I just wonder though, can I ask ya please...

Regards the "plant enzyme combos"... do ya happen to know any "specifc items/brands to look for" (I am in Chilliwack BC Canada so have limited availability to "shop" for many things here. Also... sorry but "what is HCL"? And is it listed as that on the lableing then?? Lastly, regards the "bromelain/papain" unfortunately I'm utterly ignorant to what that is as well... again is there a specific item to look for?

THANKS again.... I am becoming so very depressed with all this... (I know is new & takes time & I am hardly obviously alone eh!) but having suffered with this agony for over 7 weeks now, well gee I guess I am just desperately seeking whatever relief I might be able to instigate in myself and to bring some "momentum" to my healing.

I know how confusing it can all be. It really is a lot to take in at once. It has taken me years. Fortunately now there is so much more info you can now find. I am working on a book exploring using herbs and alternative healing methods to make this and related conditions easier to deal with --which is why I have the following info already ready so to speak. You should be able to order various brands of things on the Internet. There are books too out there both new and used on celiac and diet that might be helpful. Plus you can order various grains online too I think if they aren't available locally. You might swing some kind of deal with your local grocer in case you don't want to have so much available all at once.

I made a file just the other day for questions like this. And yes the other responder here was/is right. Try to find out if you are lactose intolerant or not. I am but now can handle nonfat organic yogurt--I can't even handle taking Lactaid milk. It makes me feel sick actually. My ex can only manage that other soured milk -- Kefir. I "ought" to be able to tolerate it but can't. Everyone is slightly different so the rule of thumb is to figure out what works for you through trial and error.

Here is my supplement file below--hope it helps! I have listed the brand names of the ones I use, however you could investigate others by shopping on line.

Good luck!

Bea (my actual name--Yolo is short for my middle name -- Yolande):

Bea’s Supplement List & Herbs for Celiac:

I) taken away from food—2 hours after and 1 hour before eating or just late at night or early in the morning—can be twice a day or just once:
a) Co-enzyme B complex vitamins from Country Life—I take two caps but one might be fine for some people. I am low in thiamine; most people with celiac are low on B’s. Goes directly into the blood stream.
B) Bromelain & Papain from Nature’s Life (there’s 250 mg. of each substance in each capsule) I take one with the B complex. The combo helps act as systemic enzymes as well as a fibronylitic agent which helps get rid of scar tissue (like on the intestinal villi! and elsewhere). It also increases circulation by getting rid of excess plaque in the blood vessels. Acts as an anti inflammatory. It also helps digest food if taken with food. It is derived from pineapple and papaya—which are also good to eat by themselves…very healing usually unless you are like me and need to cook your pineapple and avoid it if having a UTI--the caps however are instead quite helpful when I have a UTI. since they help take down the inflammation.
c) Nattokinase by Now. --100 mg. Nattokinase really acts quite powerfully to take away scar tissue in intestines and elsewhere. Natto was first discovered by the Japanese Samarai as fermented soy beans (with the bacilli from straw) over 1000 years ago after their horses enthusiastically ate what they Samarai thought was spoiled soybeans. They discovered it gets rid of scar tissue plus it gives one more youthful energy. Japanese often eat natto cakes to this day. You could too however they are an acquired taste, kind of like Kim Chi or Lutefisk. Many scientific studies on it these days in regards to helping cure heart disease since it is very good for the heart. A bit spendy but worth it. The Now brand seems cheaper and just as good as others. No gluten also which is a must. Just take one a day unless you are ill and need more. Good against sinus and other inflammations too. Don’t take if already taking coumadin or other blood thinning agent. Talk to your doctor about it in case you have any doubts. If you find it too expensive, just use the bromelain/papain.

II) supplements taken with food:
a) vitamin D – cod liver oil is best (I use Carlson’s)—two tsp. a day. It has vitamin D as well as vitamin A and Omega 3’s. May need to take HCL if you can’t digest it well. If you still can’t manage it or it just doesn’t appeal, regular Vitamin D tablets work well. Take one (Country Life) 1000 IU tablet a day, or two 400 IU’s. Just make sure there is no gluten.
B) Vitamin E—mixed tocopherols or d-alpha Tocopheryl, (Now) gluten free. 400 IU, one to two a day.
c) Plant Enzymes (by Now), gluten free –or more of the above Bromelain/Papain or Pancreatin –this last 500 mg. (by Now). Take any one of these (gluten free) digestive enzymes 2 to 3 times a day with meals.
d) Magnesium Citrate or Carbonate powder (by Now), 1 to 2 teaspoons a day -- to bowel tolerance. Helps with many nerve functions as well as hair and nails.
e) Calcium Citrate, 1000 mgs. to 1500mg a day. If you still don’t absorb this try E-zorb (calcium aspartate anhydrous) made from plants. The Chinese came up with the formula after 20 years of research. 20% of their population has difficulty absorbing calcium. This E-zorb is very absorbable. They claim its around 90%. I use the small dose since by taking the large dose I had too much calcium for once! Calcium important for the bones, hair, nails and the nervous system.
f) Liquid sea minerals, two squirts a day. I use Concentrace Trace Mineral Drops.
g) Kelp capsules if you have a tendency to have low thyroid. Avoid if have DH.
h) Pro-biotics. Usually need to keep refrigerated. I use Jarro-Dophilus with FOS. by Jarrow. It does have a little soy. You can get a milk based soy free variety if milk isn’t a problem. The FOS helps provide an environment friendly to good flora in the gut. I use at least ¼ tspl of the powder a day. Sometimes I use enterically coated variety, especially if I’ve been on antibiotics.
i) Primrose oil. I use super primrose oil, 1300 mg (by Now) 1 a day.
j) one tablespoon of raw flax seed freshly ground using a coffee bean grinder (minus the coffee!) put in a glass with water. Grind using ¼ tsp. apple pectin. Both items mix well and help one’s elimination. The fresh flax seed gives one Omega 3’s.

III) Basic Detox Herbs (use only one week to 10 days at a time, then one week off):
a) Dandelion root (whole or powder) or milk thistle caps (silymarin)—helps liver to detox. Dandelion gives back the potassium lost in peeing. Often necessary with celiac to reduce inflammation and toxicity from a leaky gut. It also helps the gut as well as the kidneys and in effect the skin. Whole Dandelion root can be prepared by boiling 1 tsp. per cup of water 20 to 30 minutes. Can just pour hot boiling water over the powder and mix, then drink or take caps. Can do the same with the other powdered herbs.
B) Burdock root powder—good systemically as well as the skin. Also good for the kidneys as well as the liver. Can buy whole root and put in soup or boil it with the dandelion root. Can also do the powder or caps.
c) Yellow Dock or Oregon Grape root—use one or the other, both are good systemically as well as for the liver and the health of the intestines. Both have berberine which is good against fungus and infections (as is Barberry). Help with digestion and elimination. Work well with dandelion root or milk thistle.
IV) Soothing, Emollient Herbs (purchase these at a reputable herb shop or where there isn’t a chance of cross contamination with gluten—can order online too):
a) Marshmallow root—whole or powder. Can boil whole root with other whole roots above in detox mixture. If powder its more convenient. Can use in caps. Can just put in a glass, mix with a small amount of water and then mix in more water. Heals and soothes the lining of the gut. Cooling and soothing if one has a UTI. Use two to three times a day. Caps easy for this.
B) Slippery Elm.—powder. Mix 1 tablespoon in cup with small amount of water. Stir/mix in more water. Put in pan with a total of 2 cups of water. Mix with the extra water and bring to a slow boil, stirring now and then. Cook 10 to fifteen minutes. Very healing of lining of gut and nutritive. Can add cinnamon for flavor. Can also use caps at least 3 times a day.
Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

#10 itchygirl

itchygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

I love natto. Its like the soy version of gorgonzola B)
Footnoting the suppliment list: As malabsorbing girl, I have to take 15000 iu of D twice a week, or have shots. That honkin huge dose barely has my serum D levels above the minimum (32) after a year. I want a new small intestine. :(

#11 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:00 PM

I love natto. Its like the soy version of gorgonzola B)
Footnoting the suppliment list: As malabsorbing girl, I have to take 15000 iu of D twice a week, or have shots. That honkin huge dose barely has my serum D levels above the minimum (32) after a year. I want a new small intestine. :(

Have you tried cod liver oil and sunbaking? The cod liver oil has natural Vit D which is much easier to digest, so you retain it better.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#12 itchygirl

itchygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

I have Sjogren's so going out into the sun puts me into a flare (not to mention the awful rash). Cod liver oil is supposed to be very good, I know Dr. Mercola recommends it, but it makes me very nauseated :( Maybe that will clear up eventually. I know the prescription stuff is supposed to be less bioavailable.

#13 yolo

yolo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:04 PM

I have Sjogren's so going out into the sun puts me into a flare (not to mention the awful rash). Cod liver oil is supposed to be very good, I know Dr. Mercola recommends it, but it makes me very nauseated :( Maybe that will clear up eventually. I know the prescription stuff is supposed to be less bioavailable.

HCL helps. And by the way that means hydrochloric acid.

#14 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,793 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:25 AM

You may want to check into Ghee it is lactose and casien free as can be used as a butter replacement. I would wait until you are more healed to add dairy back in regardless of the lactose issue unless you know for sure that you do not react to casien. The same villi that produce the enzyme that is needed to digest lactose are damaged with celiac. Many find that after they heal they are able to tolerate dairy again, but it is best to wait until you are symptom free from the celiac before you challenge. When you add dairy back in you should start with the hard cheeses and yogurt as they are 'predigested' and will be the easiest to tolerate. I would avoid the lactaid stuff until then.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#15 toomuchagony

toomuchagony

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

HCL is hydrochloric acid-the acid we have in our stomachs. Some people find it aids in digestion. And helps prevent food poisoning. :)
bromelain is an enzyme derived from pineapple, its good for digestion, and sinus infections and other inflamatory stuff
Papain is an enzyme derived from Papaya, it breaks down the proteins in meat (that is why its used as a meat tenderizer)
Pancreatin is made from pancreas, it digests pretty much everything.
Since you are Canadian and have medical coverage, you may wish to ask your doc for a prescription pancreatic enzyme product to help with your D since that may be cheaper than buying over the counter. Here is a recent study on pancreatic enzymes and D in celiac for him or her...
http://www.blackwell...journalCode=apt
Hope this helps!

Thanks heaps Itchygirl... (and reading your later posts in the thread I think maybe I understand yer "name" just a tad better too by the way, don't have Sjogren's myself but think I have DH feet ;)

Simply "could not" get away from the toilet long enough to post any replies last evening, but this morn

FIRST, for the record... am having a pretty good morning thus far here, have NOT tried to eat yet but did have what I'll call a "semi-formed" B movement upon arising, AND amazingly my GAS is truly at a "minimum gurrggle level", AND very happily I actually managed to attend my church for worship this morning without having to either BELCH OUT or RUN OUT, (While I am thankful for Doctors & the medications, Jesus & prayer IS the BEST medicine, well for me :) Assuming optimistically that I shall continue to be blessed with "healing" well gee, I am looking forward to enjoying this Sunday here!

I am going to post a thanks reply to Bea as well for all her "supplement" info shared, but I wanted to thank you much for the "article" for my Dr. (as I had revealed in my intro post he is more than a bit Celiac "illiterate" so he and I can use all the help we can to achieve "better understanding" of it eh! I've printed it off now and shall be seeing him tomorrow and will share it if indeed my D does persist until that time, otherwise I'll "file it" within my new "Celiac Folder" so I have it (Please Lord Forbid) if I'm once again brought to suffer ongoing chronic D for weeks on end.

About the HCL... okay, so is that perhaps the "acid" he was "targeting with the Nexium"? ( and which did prove to make me WORSE not better) if so I am wondering then, was my bad reaction to Nexium maybe an indictaion that I do NOT "produce enough HCL and so inhibiting it caused negative effect"?

About the rest of the items you defined... well I also happily did "make it to the store at 9 last night", I got myself "a few" of the noted items, BUT as I need to reply to Bea on the same matter I'm going to wait to discuss the particulars in that reply... hope ya shall if interested also read that post for more. I certainly do appreciate your kind assistance, and naturally, I pray you also shall be "well & happy" :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: