This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Has Anyone Else Tried Humaworm?

Nancym

Nancym Enthusiast

I don't think I had parasites but I think it might have cured my SIBO (Small bowel intestinal overgrowth). I have had a very, very restricted diet. Eliminated nuts, dairy, chocolate, soy, all grains and I was STILL suffering from bouts of diarrhea. It seemed like more and more things were setting me off all the time. Dairy gave me sinus problems and muscle spasms, nuts caused horrible diarrhea, chocolate was giving me stomach aches and intestinal issues.

I saw someone refer to Humaworm here and thought I was being a total nimcompoop but I ordered some and wow! It took about 10 days for it to start to work but the constant diarrhea stopped and I'm not getting sinus problems from the dairy (which sneaked back into my diet).

I'm still taking it. I hope the magic holds once I'm done with it.

Any other stories?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
susieg-1 Apprentice
I don't think I had parasites but I think it might have cured my SIBO (Small bowel intestinal overgrowth). I have had a very, very restricted diet. Eliminated nuts, dairy, chocolate, soy, all grains and I was STILL suffering from bouts of diarrhea. It seemed like more and more things were setting me off all the time. Dairy gave me sinus problems and muscle spasms, nuts caused horrible diarrhea, chocolate was giving me stomach aches and intestinal issues.

I saw someone refer to Humaworm here and thought I was being a total nimcompoop but I ordered some and wow! It took about 10 days for it to start to work but the constant diarrhea stopped and I'm not getting sinus problems from the dairy (which sneaked back into my diet).

I'm still taking it. I hope the magic holds once I'm done with it.

Any other stories?

Before discovering I have celiacs I thought bloated belly might be from parasites so I tried the Colonix kit from Dr natura and felt much flatter belly after and had more regular BMs after but was not yet on

F at time so resulots did not last. Also tried Humaworm but did not have as good of results. think I will try Colonix again now that I am gluten-free to help clean system out. Thanks for reminder

susieg-1 Apprentice
Before discovering I have celiacs I thought bloated belly might be from parasites so I tried the Colonix kit from Dr natura and felt much flatter belly after and had more regular BMs after but was not yet on

F at time so resulots did not last. Also tried Humaworm but did not have as good of results. think I will try Colonix again now that I am gluten-free to help clean system out. Thanks for reminder

OOPS letter g not always working on laptop guess I better proofread better before posting. I had not yet been on gluten-free diet when I tried Dr Natura.

Ursa Major Collaborator

I know Carla used it, and it really helped her (and if I remember correctly, she passed a huge tapeworm :blink: ). I read through their site, and what they say makes great sense. And I am impressed by their reasonable price, too.

I am intolerant to salicylates, and of course, since humaworm is all herbs it is very high in salicylates. But I am thinking of trying it anyway, because I have been thinking for years that I have all the symptoms of parasites. Doctors are useless in figuring it out.

It would make me ache to the point of needing to be back on codeine 24/7. But it would only be for a month, and I had taken it for five years before I discovered my intolerances. It might be worth it, I am going to discuss it with my naturopathic doctor next time I see him (in 2 1/2 weeks).

And who knows, maybe by the time I am done with it, I won't be intolerant to so many things any more! That would be amazing.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I know Carla used it, and it really helped her (and if I remember correctly, she passed a huge tapeworm :blink: ).

I am done with it, I won't be intolerant to so many things any more! That would be amazing.

This is true. :ph34r: It worked great for me.

I no longer have any food intolerances at all. Part of it is because of Humaworm, part is because of Bartonella treatment (coinfection of Lyme Disease).

I waited 90 days and did a second round. I am almost finished with the second round.

Ursa Major Collaborator
This is true. :ph34r: It worked great for me.

I no longer have any food intolerances at all. Part of it is because of Humaworm, part is because of Bartonella treatment (coinfection of Lyme Disease).

I waited 90 days and did a second round. I am almost finished with the second round.

Did you visibly pass anything other than the tapeworm? What about this time around?

CarlaB Enthusiast
Did you visibly pass anything other than the tapeworm? What about this time around?

I don't go digging, LOL. I did see some kind of worm this time, too. I think last time there might have been a round worm too, but the worms digest after they die, so it's hard to tell. I just saw the worm this time twice during the first week, so it's a big improvement over last time. When the tapeworm first started coming out it was clear it was a tapeworm, but as time went on, it was less clear ..... but what I saw this time and last I have never seen otherwise.

Most of the parasites we have are microscopic, so even if you don't see anything, most likely you are still passing something.

I used to have chronic diarrhea. Now I never, ever have it unless I get the flu or something. I never knew this was possible, LOL.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nancym Enthusiast

I didn't pass anything, that I could tell. I truly think it was a SIBO. I've had it before and antibiotics cleared it up.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I've had it before and antibiotics cleared it up.

Yes, I had that, too. That was why I started the Humaworm, because after I stopped the abx, it came right back. My doctor had me get on herbs, and I was taking so many different ones that when I saw Humaworm, it just looked so simple and cheap!

I was shocked when I saw the worm(s).

confused Community Regular

I just went and looked at the info and i think im going to try it, it says it kills salmonella.

Did you have any side effects from it tho, that is what im always afraid of lol

paula

Ursa Major Collaborator

What they say on the site makes sense. Why do people deworm their dogs regularly, but not themselves? And especially if they have pets, it is unlikely that they don't get what the dogs get.

Two of my kids have dogs, and they allow those dogs to lick their baby's and toddlers faces! They don't believe me when I say that is a terrible idea. And one little one will share her food with her dog (as in, letting the dog have a bite, and then eating the rest herself). It just grosses me out.

We used to have a ton of pets when I was a kid (not a dog while I lived at home, though). But even if you don't have pets, as it says, you can breathe in parasite eggs that are floating in the air, they are that tiny!

I have a book that says that almost 100% of people in America have parasites. That doctor tested herself and her whole family, and they ALL had parasites! And those tests don't even pick up most of them. It is scary.

Anyway, I will definitely try it. And if I can prove to my husband that I have parasites (by showing him a worm, if I pass any), maybe he will do it as well. And then I will be able to convince my kids, too (maybe, some of them are even more stubborn than me :o ).

I agree that it is prudent to do that parasite cleanse regularly. If I find that it helps me the first time around, I will definitely do it again. And with this one, I know it works, because of you guys having tried it. It is always good to hear from people I know (sort of) who have tried it, rather than just relying on the supplier for information on effectiveness.

Sharon Marie Apprentice

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh this is grossing me out! :( Sorry, not trying to be a smart mouth, but ...........

I think I may try it too! Where do I get it ??? :(

CarlaB Enthusiast

Believe me, when I was using it I was plenty grossed out! I was mortified!

www.humaworm.com

They hand make each batch so if there's an ingredient you are sensitive to, just let them know an they'll leave it out.

Paula, I did have a little bit of a reaction the first couple days on it. When the parasites die they release toxins. Plus the herbs are very cleansing, so you have the toxins from that as well.

The second time I used it, I actually had to stop taking it for a few days, then restart it. When I restarted it, I was fine.

tom Contributor

Open Original Shared Link

[Edit: oooooooo!! Carla's too quick for me - sneaking in a post while I was typing!!]

I ordered it 9 days ago and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Sharon Marie Apprentice
Believe me, when I was using it I was plenty grossed out! I was mortified!

www.humaworm.com

They hand make each batch so if there's an ingredient you are sensitive to, just let them know an they'll leave it out.

Paula, I did have a little bit of a reaction the first couple days on it. When the parasites die they release toxins. Plus the herbs are very cleansing, so you have the toxins from that as well.

The second time I used it, I actually had to stop taking it for a few days, then restart it. When I restarted it, I was fine.

I must ask. Why did you have to stop? To be honest I'm scared. But I am not too afraid to try it!.

Call me confused and moody these days. I do need help.

itchygirl Newbie

Humaworm looks just like a herbal digestive preperation from one of my antique medical texts. Except for the Psyllium. Hysop is such a useful herb for stomach complaints.

Remember, while parasites are gross, exposing your kids to them does, prehaps, reduce their chances of developing both asthma and crohns disease. Parasites have been a normal part of human existance since the dawn of time. That does not mean you have to keep a bunch as pets :) but they do have a place in human development.

if anyone cares to explore this interesting topic further, its called Helminthic therapy.

I keep bees and am a firm believer in Apitherapy, but that is kind of "out there" for most people so I try to keep quiet about it :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
I must ask. Why did you have to stop? To be honest I'm scared. But I am not too afraid to try it!.

Call me confused and moody these days. I do need help.

I had to stop because I felt so horrible. I also have Lyme Disease, so some things can stir up to much and it sends me to bed.

Itchy, my "pet" worm was really causing issues, LOL.

susieg-1 Apprentice
I know Carla used it, and it really helped her (and if I remember correctly, she passed a huge tapeworm :blink: ). I read through their site, and what they say makes great sense. And I am impressed by their reasonable price, too.

I am intolerant to salicylates, and of course, since humaworm is all herbs it is very high in salicylates. But I am thinking of trying it anyway, because I have been thinking for years that I have all the symptoms of parasites. Doctors are useless in figuring it out.

It would make me ache to the point of needing to be back on codeine 24/7. But it would only be for a month, and I had taken it for five years before I discovered my intolerances. It might be worth it, I am going to discuss it with my naturopathic doctor next time I see him (in 2 1/2 weeks).

And who knows, maybe by the time I am done with it, I won't be intolerant to so many things any more! That would be amazing.

Tell me more about salicylates and there effects on you that cause such extreme aches. I also have extreme aches and pains in muscles, bones, and joints which reduced when first on gluten-free diet but have returned. Could it be salicylates?

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Tell me more about salicylates and there effects on you that cause such extreme aches. I also have extreme aches and pains in muscles, bones, and joints which reduced when first on gluten-free diet but have returned. Could it be salicylates?

I have a salicylate sensitivity. Its caused by a deficiency of a specific enzyme (PST). When this enzyme is deficient it causes a sensitivity to phenols (especially salicylates). Phenols are chemical compounds found in all foods....salicylates are found in a large amount of foods (at different levels). Fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices have the highest content of salicylates.

There are also many food products as well as non-food products which contain synthetic salicylates. Natural skin products containing ingredients from high salicylate foods would also cause problems.

Aspirin contains high amounts of salicylate....if you have problems with aspirin as well as foods that have high amounts of salicylate you may have a sensitivity to salicylates. If you dont react to these things it is not likely to be a problem.

With salicylate sensitivity reactions occur when the body exceeds its tolerance for these chemicals. Its cumulative....some people can tolerate very little before showing symptoms while others can consume more before becoming symptomatic.

Not only do the PST enzymes breakdown phenols but the PST enzymes are also involved in one of the body's key detoxification pathways. Salicylates inhibit these enzymes up to 50%....which means if the enzymes are deficient (for some other reason) and you consume foods high in salicylates this detox pathway becomes impaired to an even greater extent. The result is an accumulation of salicylates and other toxins that the body is unable to breakdown and eliminate efficiently. This will trigger an array of symptoms.

Ursa Major Collaborator

Rachel, that is great information! I will need to learn to explain it that well ;) . I bookmarked those to read when I have the time.

Salicylates make my muscles and skin ache terribly. I find that now if I am 'bad' and eat an orange, for instance (I get tempted less and less because of the awful reaction) I will feel like I am on fire by the next day and will need to take codeine again for a couple of days.

Here is another link that I found most helpful:

I also find that lectins make my joints and back ache, as well as cause gastrointestinal problems and headaches.

JulesH Rookie

Yeah, it sounds great, but I'm scared of side effects. Is it something where I'm going to have to be chained to a toilet for a couple of days? I couldn't find any side effect info on the site. Not that I would mind a couple of days of side effects, I just want to be prepared.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Yeah, it sounds great, but I'm scared of side effects. Is it something where I'm going to have to be chained to a toilet for a couple of days? I couldn't find any side effect info on the site. Not that I would mind a couple of days of side effects, I just want to be prepared.

I did not have that problem at all. I just had normal-for-me bowel movements with it.

Nancym Enthusiast
I just went and looked at the info and i think im going to try it, it says it kills salmonella.

Did you have any side effects from it tho, that is what im always afraid of lol

paula

Only thing for me was the pills cause heartburn. I can't take them right before bed because I seem to be needing to be upright. And I have to drink lots of water, that seems to help.

Nancym Enthusiast

[Edit: oooooooo!! Carla's too quick for me - sneaking in a post while I was typing!!]

I ordered it 9 days ago and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

Be sure to post your results. I want to know I'm not crazy. :) I've been like 2-3 weeks without diarrhea... I swear I haven't had such a long period of normalcy since... well, measure it in years and perhaps decades.

tom Contributor
Be sure to post your results. I want to know I'm not crazy. :) I've been like 2-3 weeks without diarrhea... I swear I haven't had such a long period of normalcy since... well, measure it in years and perhaps decades.

I've bkmrkd this thread and expect to remember to post results.

What I've heard on the gigantic 1800+ page OMG thread from a few ppl is that I should expect 2 or 3 bad days to start.

I don't currently have any D - that went away, along w/ DOZENS of other ailments, minor and major, last summer when I FINALLY went off soy. :)

I'll probably post what the 1st few days are like, and anything significant ( :ph34r: ) during the 30days.

:)

Archived