Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

Support Groups In Phoenix, Az

4 posts in this topic

If anyone knows of, or is interested in starting a support group in the Phoenix area, please let me know. It is needed!

Ads by Google:

I agree, Im in Phoenix, and just learning about gluten intolerance, do you know of any good doctors?

Here is a list of support groups in AZ, I hope something is close to you :D

Chandler - Resource:

Tel: (480) 899-3379

E-mail:, or

Fountain Hills - Support Group

Contacts: Russ Boocock, or Emma Teeter

Sunshine Chapter (CSA)

16205 N. Boulder Dr.

Fountain Hills, AZ 85268-1519

Tel: (602) 837-1953, or (602) 820-5594

Payson - Support Group

Contact 1: Nancy A. Palmer

Payson Area Celiac Support Group

HC 2 Box 95-S

Payson, AZ 85541

Tel: (520) 478-4383

Contact 2: Jane Kendall

HCR Box 305-B

Payson, AZ 85541

Tel: (520) 474-6707.

Phoenix - Support Group

Contact 1: Russ Boocock

Sunshine Celiac Support Group

16205 N. Boulder Drive

Fountain Hills, AZ 85268-1519

Tel: (602) 837-1953

Conact 2: Walter Koncar

1920 E. Inglewood St.

Mesa, AZ 85203

Phoenix - Support Group

Celiac Support of Greater Phoenix (A CDF Connections Group)

Tel: (623) 587-8885 or (602) 493-8266

Sierra Vista - Resource:

Contacts: Ed & Leanne Hanson

465 Pinetree Dr.

Sierra Vista, AZ 85635

Tel: (520) 452-1774

Tucson - Support Group

Tucson Celiacs (CSA)

440 Cambridge Drive

Tucson, AZ 85704-7113

Tel: (520) 297-1834

Tucson - Resource:

3373 N. Calle Tortosa

Tucson, AZ 85750

Tel: (520) 298-2264

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Those could be celiac symptoms or they could be something else.  Just because celiac runs in your family, I would not jump to conclusions.  That could be dangerous!   For example, my niece presented with celiac disease symptoms.  She tested negative but they found that she has Crohn's (not that she can't ever develop celiac disease).  While a gluten free diet could not hurt her, it is not the cause of her Crohn's flare-ups.    I would not worry about his weight unless he is no longer on the growth charts.   There could be more related to his anxiety issues too. i would NOT recommend sharing prescriptions, especially on a 9 year old!  Dapsone is some pretty evil medication that can do some serious liver damage (but if you have DH or  leporisy, it might be worth the risk -- but I would think not for kids).  For DH, sticking to a gluten-free diet  is much preferred, but I will let one of our members who has DH comment on that.   Those with DH often do not test positive in blood work.  Best to get a skin biopsy (tricky on DH so read up). Please find a dermatologist  and/or a Ped GI who is celiac savvy.    
    • Canadian Celiac Association warns against Gluten-Free Cheerios, but is there good evidence? View the full article
    • So, now they have found a metal toxicity in my body along with needing to be gluten free.  For the toxicity, I am now taking supplements after and between meals.  This a good thing because it prompts me to actually eat 3 meals a day and in a timely manner and not just a grab on the go item whenever.  The down side is remembering to take the silly things.  I can honestly say how much a pain it is to remember to take the supplements sometimes.  Been on this regimen for about a week now, and I am starting to feel better and all my systems are getting thoroughly cleaned out.  The real test will be in about 3 weeks or so, as it is about this time I become more vulnerable to the neurological symptoms.  I actually did some research on metal toxicity and found something incredible.  The symptoms I had been having all fall under this problem.  This could also have been yet another contributing factor of why I needed to go gluten free. Just a thought.  One thing I did consistently find is that once the toxicity is taken care of, this would not take away any food allergies or gluten issues.  I had gone through a different detox program back in February-March, and the neurological symptoms I have been dealing with was magnified x10 it seemed.  Another praise in this regimen is that I have been virtually symptom free since taking these supplements.  A few episodes but very minor.   
    • I have not taken him to a dermatologist. I have dapsone, which I put on the rash, it always clears up. I have it for another family member. But then I started reading about celiac and all these dots are out there but not connected.  The next time he has the bumps, I am going to take him in. In the mean time, I am trying to find a dermatologist who understands the condition. I don't want my kid to have celiac. And I kinda feel crazy for thinking he may have a gluten issue but with it in my family and him having these other things, I want to be dilligent.   i will read up on the test you suggested. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond everyone.   
    • I tested positive to deamidated gliadin in August at a hospital. My old GI tested me using gliadin (the test listed on your result) in September and it was negative. Literally the next day, my new GI tested for deamidated gliadin again and it was positive (I was unaware the hospital scheduled an appointment with the new GI for follow up).  If you still suspect it, Google deamidated gliadin, print out the Mayo clinic lab info and circle the part where it says they have discontinued the use of gliadin in favor of the deamidated gliadin.  Has he seen a dermatologist?
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member