6 replies to this topic

#1 Deby

Deby

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:29 AM

I'm going to start marketing a gluten-free bread and would like honest feed back on my logo design. A designer is working on it, so you're not going to hurt my feelings.

http://www.debysglutenfree.com/

please let me know if this logo on a product would convey that the item is gluten-free. There would be other product information, but this would be the base logo.
Monica
anti-body negative, self diagnosed, Gluten free since March 2001. Two sons (8) also have celiac. Antibody and biopsy positive. I love to cook and after much much experimentation can now get by pretty well!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ruth

Ruth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 12:32 PM

Hi,
I do think it conveys the gluten-free message.
I would think about all the possible uses of the logo.
Three-color designs can get very costly when printing letterhead, bags, signs etc.
Ask to see a 2-color and black & white version to see if it works for you.
You want to be sure it looks good photocopied, faxed, in newspaper ads, etc --- all of which will probably be black & white, and not the best quality of printing. You may want to "clean up" the lines of the wheat and the typeface of the "Gluten-Free."
My background is in Advertising/Marketing communications --- now with a real interest in the marketing & PR of gluten-free products!
Best of Luck to you...
Ruth Ann
Ruth
Diagnosed 3/03 (Positive Biopsy/Negative Blood Tests)
Daughter dx 12/03 (Positive biopsy/Positive blood tests);
Two sons (Negative blood tests); One on gluten-free diet (6/04) ... cured his persistent, severe headaches.

#3 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:10 PM

I like it. Just maybe make the "Gluten Free" font easier to read.

Good luck!

#4 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:22 PM

I like it, also....perhaps the wheat could be made more realistic? But that's getting nit-picky. :D

#5 Deby

Deby

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for the feed back. I thought the gluten-free message might not be so great since the 'no' line is in the middle and not diagonal.

Ruth, thanks for all of the comments on 'uses' I had thought of the tri-color expense but not about the quality of the copy, at least not to newspaper.

I'll talk to the designer and post when there is something new to look at.

Thanks
Monica
anti-body negative, self diagnosed, Gluten free since March 2001. Two sons (8) also have celiac. Antibody and biopsy positive. I love to cook and after much much experimentation can now get by pretty well!

#6 kvogt

kvogt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:23 AM

I think showing the wheat stalk shouts "WHEAT" which says "GLUTEN" to your market. Then the text says Gluten Free. I find it confusing.

It's difficult, I'm sure to create imagery conveying the absence of something.

I wish you luck!

#7 dreamhouses

dreamhouses

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:48 AM

Hi Deby, here's some feedback in case it helps, FYI I'm a working graphic artist, painter,...Green and black are not very appetizing colors, also I agree with the above that the wheat stalk is hard to read as going with the "no" sign. I think I'd start again with the image - maybe a chefs hat and a cup and saucer would be fun. I know how much effort goes into that, so your smart to get feedback at this stage. good luck - dreamhouses :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: