This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Feedback On Logo

Deby

Deby Apprentice

I'm going to start marketing a gluten-free bread and would like honest feed back on my logo design. A designer is working on it, so you're not going to hurt my feelings.

Open Original Shared Link

please let me know if this logo on a product would convey that the item is gluten-free. There would be other product information, but this would be the base logo.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ruth Enthusiast

Hi,

I do think it conveys the gluten-free message.

I would think about all the possible uses of the logo.

Three-color designs can get very costly when printing letterhead, bags, signs etc.

Ask to see a 2-color and black & white version to see if it works for you.

You want to be sure it looks good photocopied, faxed, in newspaper ads, etc --- all of which will probably be black & white, and not the best quality of printing. You may want to "clean up" the lines of the wheat and the typeface of the "Gluten-Free."

My background is in Advertising/Marketing communications --- now with a real interest in the marketing & PR of gluten-free products!

Best of Luck to you...

Ruth Ann

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I like it. Just maybe make the "Gluten Free" font easier to read.

Good luck!

celiac3270 Collaborator

I like it, also....perhaps the wheat could be made more realistic? But that's getting nit-picky. :D

Deby Apprentice

Thanks for the feed back. I thought the gluten-free message might not be so great since the 'no' line is in the middle and not diagonal.

Ruth, thanks for all of the comments on 'uses' I had thought of the tri-color expense but not about the quality of the copy, at least not to newspaper.

I'll talk to the designer and post when there is something new to look at.

Thanks

kvogt Rookie

I think showing the wheat stalk shouts "WHEAT" which says "GLUTEN" to your market. Then the text says Gluten Free. I find it confusing.

It's difficult, I'm sure to create imagery conveying the absence of something.

I wish you luck!

• 2 weeks later...
dreamhouses Newbie

Hi Deby, here's some feedback in case it helps, FYI I'm a working graphic artist, painter,...Green and black are not very appetizing colors, also I agree with the above that the wheat stalk is hard to read as going with the "no" sign. I think I'd start again with the image - maybe a chefs hat and a cup and saucer would be fun. I know how much effort goes into that, so your smart to get feedback at this stage. good luck - dreamhouses :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived