17 replies to this topic

#16 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

Agreed - the listing on the General Mills website does not list wheat starch as an ingredient:

http://www.generalmi...n...&itemID=810

Trix is currently safe but you always have to check the label.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Jleedw

Jleedw

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

Cheerios if I am not mistaken contain oats which would make them unsafe for us. Hope this helps.

Oats are not unsafe.  You just have to make sure they are not processed on equipment that is contaminated

#18 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

Oats are not unsafe.  You just have to make sure they are not processed on equipment that is contaminated

You are commenting on a 5 year old post. 

Oats need to be certified gluten-free as the normal growing/processing of them contaminates them with wheat. Therefore - Cheerios are NOT SAFE for Celiacs

Also, some Celiacs cannot eat them at all.  That is why it is usually recommended that you wait 6-12 months before trying them.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: