7 replies to this topic

#1 GF Grammy

GF Grammy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:38 PM

I have had Celiac for years but was only diagnosed recently. I have been reading posts for several weeks and learning more and more. I am grateful for all of the insight and help I received from this forum. I have never had problems with moods or depression until removing gluten from my diet. This is as difficult as the pain is to deal with.

My oldest son was diagnosed with Celiac several years ago. My symptoms were SO different from his that I had no idea that I was suffering with the same thing. He has just posted a song on YouTube that fits how I am feeling with the struggle right now. It is Martina McBride's Anyway. May it encourage all who chose to listen.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pixiegirl

pixiegirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:24 AM

Both my daughter and I suffer from depression when we are glutened, mine is mild hers is pretty severe. She also has panic attacks and we are hoping that the longer she is gluten-free (she's only been doing it a couple of months, at 16 she "goofs" a lot) the fewer panic attacks she will have. Its very difficult to go thru.

Susan

#3 MDRB

MDRB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

I have only been gluten free for about 6 weeks and I have been so darn depressed lately. I think it has only hit me recently that this is a complete life change. Combine this with feeling sick all the time and not being able to exercise.
I have heard people say that depression symptoms ease with the gluten-free diet, I guess I'm just waiting for that to kick in. I feel so bad for my fiance who is so patient with me, he could be out having fun but instead is lounging around the house getting bored because I don't want to o anywhere. sigh :(
Australian
Gluten Free Since mid March 2008
As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.

#4 blueshift

blueshift

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:02 PM

You need Green Magma in order to attack depression associated with celiac disease.
It worked on me and when my nephew first got depression it worked on him. It takes
24 hours for it to kick in and then energy level shoots way up. Check health stores
for it but not a GNC. Go to Green magma and it
should be listed there.
blueshift

from Chicago suburbs near O'Hare

#5 confusedks

confusedks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

You need Green Magma in order to attack depression associated with celiac disease.
It worked on me and when my nephew first got depression it worked on him. It takes
24 hours for it to kick in and then energy level shoots way up. Check health stores
for it but not a GNC. Go to Green magma and it
should be listed there.

Umm, that has barley in it! I would not eat/take/drink that stuff because it has gluten in it!
Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007
Gluten Free- May 2007
Soy Free- August 2007
Sugar Free- January 2008
Starch Free- January 2008
Egg Free (again!)- February 2008
Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

#6 blueshift

blueshift

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

Umm, that has barley in it! I would not eat/take/drink that stuff because it has gluten in it!

That has barley grass and it is certified gluten free and says so right on the label.
blueshift

from Chicago suburbs near O'Hare

#7 MDRB

MDRB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

yep,
Because its has sprouted and is no longer a grain, it no longer has gluten. No grasses contain gluten as far as I am aware. I used to take something similar in the form of gluten free powdered wheat grass. Must admit it did help the energy levels.
Australian
Gluten Free Since mid March 2008
As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.

#8 linsmad

linsmad

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:56 AM

My husband never suffered from depression and anxiety, until after he removed gluten from his diet. Whenever he accidentally is "glutened" he is absolutely unbearably miserable!! It is a hard thing to go through, and I saw the post on the green magma. I will check this out for him! This site is so helpful for dealing with all the stuff that goes along with gluten intolerance. When my husband was diagnosed, we were told, " just don't eat gluten" and given a list of acceptable and unacceptable foods. That was it. This website has been so helpful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: