5 replies to this topic

#1 linted

linted

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

I like corn pasta much more that rice pasta but I haven't been able to figure out how to make it in my pasta maker. Does anyone have a pasta maker recipe for corn pasta?? Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Mom23boys

Mom23boys

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

I like corn pasta much more that rice pasta but I haven't been able to figure out how to make it in my pasta maker. Does anyone have a pasta maker recipe for corn pasta?? Thanks!

Never thought of it until you mentioned it. Sounds good. I don't have a recipe. I am an experimenter so I would start by trying the basic pasta recipe with a fine corn flour. I've missed my hm pasta so I may have to try it now.
Shellfish free since 1980
Milk free (all forms) since 1991
Feingold in 2003
First gluten-free round 2007
Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free

#3 imsohungry

imsohungry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

I'm afraid I can't be much help, but others will reply with good ideas I'm sure.

I know I cannot make homemade pasta...good grief, I'm doing good to boil the prepackaged kind correctly.

Speaking of which, I've always eaten the rice pasta up until recently....never really loved it.

I wanted to try the corn pasta, but I was hesitant because I was afraid it would taste like my spaghetti sauce had been poured over Fritos. :huh: However, I tried corn pasta for the first time a few months ago; Wow, I like it so much better than rice pasta! :)

Good luck to you in making your own! B)
Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"
(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."
(Garth Brooks).

#4 linted

linted

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

Never thought of it until you mentioned it. Sounds good. I don't have a recipe. I am an experimenter so I would start by trying the basic pasta recipe with a fine corn flour. I've missed my hm pasta so I may have to try it now.

Let me know if you figure it out please! I am going to try too! The corn pasta is far superior to the rice, in my opinion anyway! It is a bit like Mexican/Italian but the texture is much better. There is a corn flour sold in the Hispanic section called Meseca (I think that's it) and I wonder if it would work? It is used to make corn tortillas. Think I'll get a bag a try!

#5 Mommy M

Mommy M

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

Hi All,
Has anyone figured out how to make corn pasta yet?
If so can you please post the recipe. If I figure it out, I will post as well.
Thanks in advance.

#6 dawormser

dawormser

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: