16 replies to this topic

#16 debm5

debm5

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:39 PM

My spells can happen while walking, standing, sitting, lying. Sitting here at the computer can be difficult. Alot of times I feel my upper body getting tired and weak. I feel like a ballon being deflated. At this time I lye down because I'm not sure if it's going to be a active spell.
How's your consentration(?) staying on task. Simple things I used to do can be overwhelming. If I have to get ready to go somewhere, but first staighten up the house, or pay a few bills, I find myself not being able to be on time because I stop to lye down. I was able to multi task before. I must be getting gluten from something. I know I have to get my head on straight, and tune back in with my body.
Just wondering, how do you put pictures with your postings??
Debbie

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 judy05

judy05

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:10 PM

Hi,

My mother, who passed away on Valentine's Day, suffered over 20 years with a condition known as Trigeminal Neuralgia. She had terrible pain along the nerve in her face. Her face really twitched a lot as she got older. They treated her with seizure medication, Tegretol, for a lot of years. It kept her pretty well stabilized but she had outbreaks when she really suffered and had to be given Vicodin for the pain. I feel like I inherited a lot of problems from her, she did have some symptoms of gluten intolerance but never got as bad as mine. This is one disease
(trigeminal neuralgia) that I hope I never get. I'm hoping by staying gluten-free that I can prevent it. Has anyone ever read about this condition? It is also known as Tic de leroux? Sorry about the spelling!

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: