16 replies to this topic

#16 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:33 AM

I dont really eat the candy but I do eat Hersheys special dark chocolate chips.
I eat them a lot and am sure Id have a reaction to them if they contained gluten.
They seem to be ok. Hope so anyway!

I am sure that many of Hershey's products are, in fact, gluten free. The problem I have with Hershey is that they continue to have a higher level of relationship with their suppliers, rather than the customers who purchase and consume their products.

Is it truly THAT difficult the identify ingredients in "natural flavors", which Hershey refuses to do? They will NOT clarify any of their products with "natural flavors" as gluten free or not, nor will they disclose the ingredient listing, as they say "it's proprietary information". So, there is no way that any Celiac or gluten intolerant person could determine whether Hershey's products are safe or not safe to consume, other than by the risk of getting ill.

Sorry way to do business, in my opinion. I refuse to buy Hershey's products for that reason. I have alternatives that I can trust and respect.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Jrose3009

Jrose3009

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

I am aware how old tbis posting is but thought this may be helpful: as of march 2012 Herheys has a dedicated gluten free list:

http://m.thehersheyc...px#/Gluten-Free

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: