Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Dark Circles Under Eyes And celiac disease?

12 posts in this topic

As long a s I remember I had some dark circles under my eyes and "bags",

but since I got worse and got that other symptoms like tingling, stomach pain etc

it looks to me those circles got worse under my eyes, more blue, sometime swelling especially in the morning.

Anybody had that effect because of celiac disease?

thanks

Ads by Google:

That was a symptom I probably had all of my life. It went away shortly after I went gluten free. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it or not.

it went away completely? great! It would be nice not to scare people with my eyes.

thanks

My oldest granddaughter had dark circles under her eyes all her life until the age of seven (she is almost eight now), at which point my daughter put her on the gluten-free diet. Her dark circles have been gone ever since (they took less than a week to disappear).

I think it depends on the person-mine are better but still visable, I have only been gluten-free for 3 months.

I was told at the doctor's office that dark circles under the eyes are a sign of allergies. My daughter has them, I have them, and my husband. I have gluten and casein intolerance. My hubby is lactose inolerance, pecan and walnut allergy, and maybe more. My daughter I believe is also gluten intolerant. I am awaiting enterolab results on her because she needs proof.

I always thought it was a sign of iron deficiency. Mine get worse around "that time of the month", especially if I'm not taking my vitamins.

I've just always heard they were hereditary. Some people have them and some don't.

Can't wait to finish with all of my testing and see if mine go away. (Or at least get better.) That would be an awesome side bonus.

Mine went away when I went gluten free. My daughter and I get them back when we have had a an accidental glutening.

I had also heard they were a sign of allergies, and mine have not (yet) gone away. Hmmmmm. :ph34r:

I've also heard they're a sign of allergies. Mine have gotten less noticeable since going gluten-free, but they haven't completely gone away.

I was always told that something with kidneys when you have eyes like that, I hope not.