#1 MDRB

MDRB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:02 AM

Hi,
I need some information about gluten free products and restaurants in New Zealand. I'm getting married in January next year and I'm honeymooning all over NZ and am a little worried about not being able to find gluten-free foods.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Australian
Gluten Free Since mid March 2008
As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Kaycee

Kaycee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:52 PM

Hi,
I need some information about gluten free products and restaurants in New Zealand. I'm getting married in January next year and I'm honeymooning all over NZ and am a little worried about not being able to find gluten-free foods.

Michelle I never saw this post earlier, so here are a couple of sites you might find helpful.

http://www.glutenfre....com/index.html
http://health.groups...tenfreefriendz/

Wish you luck for your wedding in January.

Cathy

#3 MDRB

MDRB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:16 AM

I was wondering when somebody was going to reply!
Thanks for all the info :)
Australian
Gluten Free Since mid March 2008
As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.

#4 Ammar

Ammar

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

Hey people this is Ammar, i was diagnosed celiac since i was 8yrs lyf has been tuff but some how i passed all these years m 23 now i liv in pakstan ive always had a problem of gaining n maintaing my weight.... IM new to this forum jst found out a few days bak!! v dont have gluten free things available things around here in stores please sombdy add me on msn & advise how 2 cook n make it out myself n help me out in this gluten free destiny i've been embraced with! I wud b obliged to anybody who answers! my mail adressed is physco2010@hotmail.com all gluten free people will be accepted!!

#5 Ammar

Ammar

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

Hey people this is Ammar, i was diagnosed celiac since i was 8yrs lyf has been tuff but some how i passed all these years m 23 now i liv in pakstan ive always had a problem of gaining n maintaing my weight.... IM new to this forum jst found out a few days bak!! v dont have gluten free things available things around here in stores please sombdy add me on msn & advise how 2 cook n make it out myself n help me out in this gluten free destiny i've been embraced with! I wud b obliged to anybody who answers! my mail adressed is physco2010@hotmail.com all gluten free people will be accepted!!

#6 johnfrancis

johnfrancis

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:23 PM

Trinity of Silver cafe in Mt Albert Auckland has a large range of gluten-free foods.

Also there is a burger chain here called Burger Fuel that does gluten-free buns for all their burgers., and a pizza chain called Hell Pizza that does gluten-free bases, you will need to check other ingredients though for both places.

Colm

#7 annesel08

annesel08

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

Hi,

I spent a month touring New Zealand earlier this year and found it to be 'gluten free heaven' - there are lots of gluten free products available in the supermarkets, and also all products are extremely well labelled. We ate out most nights and I found well informed wait staff everywhere - and if they didn't know exactly what was in a dish, they always asked the chef. Many restaurants had a separate gluten free menu - including the only two restaurants in a tiny town called Twizel which had fabulous gluten-free pizza. I even found a diner offering gluten free toast in Christchurch. I took quite a few gluten-free foods with me - cereal, energy bars, rice crackers but need not have bothered (and you should know that the NZ authorities are obsessive about food being brought into the country - they have sniffer dogs (specifically sniffing for food items) at the airport terminal and a separate desk you have to go to if you have food. After a 13 hour flight you just want to get to the hotel and sleep)

We flew Air New Zealand from Los Angeles and they served me very good gluten-free dinners, hot breakfsts and snacks both going there and coming back. Have a great trip, we absolutely loved NZ

#8 peter/southland

peter/southland

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

The curry guru I  started eating this when I was told to go gluten free

and some of there curries are dairy free also a regular size starts at

$12.50

It's all good
Peter/southland/New zealand