4 replies to this topic

#1 pixiegirl

pixiegirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:38 AM

I'm going to Houston next month for a week for business and although I know its a huge metro area, I'm curious if anyone knows any gluten-free places I can eat...

Thanks for your help, due to the nature of the trip, I will be eating out for every meal, I can help with restaurant selection but its not going to be easy.

Thanks, Susan

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 badandi2005

badandi2005

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 09:17 PM

The only places I know of are P.F. Changs (the one by my house has been absolutely fabulous. I haven't had a problem, and I'm pretty sensitive at this point), Outback Steakhouse (which vary by location in this area...the one closest to me is really good, but the second closets is really bad--waitress thought picking croutons off the salad and leaving the crumbs would be acceptable, along with some other problems-- so make sure that you speak to the manager or make sure your waiter/waitress is really understanding), and Carrabba's.
There's also the typical fast food places, but it's been my experience that the only really reliable place down here is Chick-fil-a. Wendys and McDonalds have both given me problems.
I have not had good experiences with the Chili's down here, so you might be careful if you need to visit one.
Sorry I couldn't be really helpful, but I've avoided eating out as much as humanely possible since being diagnosed.

#3 pixiegirl

pixiegirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:56 AM

Someone in charge of the houston gluten-free group told me there were a number of bar b q places in town that are gluten-free, but I can't help you with the names of them, she said I had to pay for the list of them. It was only $5. so it might be worth it to you but I felt it was very unfriendly to ask a visitor to pay, so I didn't! (shooting myself in the foot for sure!)

thanks for your help, I'm going to have to do the chain places I guess.

Susan

#4 badandi2005

badandi2005

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:18 AM

Wow, I didn't know that there was such a list. Thanks for letting me know.

#5 pixiegirl

pixiegirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 01:38 PM

LOL well if you get it and there are any upscale places in downtown houston, let me know!

susan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: