4 replies to this topic

#1 mela14

mela14

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:28 PM

I finally got my food intolerance results. It's one thing to know that you feel sick after eating something but to have it in black and white through a blood test is something else.
It seems that my worst intolerance is to eggs...both the protein and the yolk. ............hhhhhmmmmmmmmmno. At least now I feel better knowing why I was so ill for days after having eggs. the next was milk, then wheat and gluten and a bunch of other things. Soy was listed as a low reaction but it really does a number on me and I have avoided having it. Some nuts but walnuts were ok. There was a lot of information there and I am going to try to the best of my ability to work out my diet. I am already feeling better and have not had diahrea just by avoiding gluten. I also put on 2 lbs! yeah....up to 94!
I went to the GI dr on Monday because of the IBS also acting up. He as pretty knowledgeable in gluten and wants to to a biopsy. At this point I don't want to have it done. He says that he needs it to make a real diagnosis especially since the trans glutaminase test was normal. the Gliadin AB IGg were high....but he said that's not enougn.
At this point I don't need the Celiac diagnosis.....feeling better without the gluten is good enough for me. I am not going to have the endoscopy. I may consider it when I move up North.... but then only at Columbia Presbyterian.
I am so happy I did this test. For me it was sooooooooooo worth the money. Although, I've been told not to rely on it 100%, I feel that it is helping me to get on the right track with my diet and therefore sooooooooo worth it.
Will keep you posted,
Mel
mela14@optonline.net

10 years of abdominal problems, incorrectly diagnosed with Endometriosis / suffered 7 surgeries. Total hysterectomy 2 years ago!
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Interstitial Cystitis ,IBS, Migraines, Primary Immune Deficiency to name a few. Finally realizing that food intolerances make them all worse!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 burdee

burdee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:45 PM

Hi Mel:
I'm SOOOO glad to hear you got some useful info from the York tests, esp. to confirm what you already suspected. Knowledge is power. Now use all that to help yourself feel better. ;)
BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

#3 dizzy

dizzy

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 10:26 PM

Hello! Glad to hear your feeling better. Could you please tell me about the york test? I have heard about them, but I went to an allergy doctor, who gave me the skin prick tests, and said if Im allergic, it will show on these tests. I asked him about blood tests, and he said they arent reliable, how do I know what to believe? Just wondering if someone can help me with advice... thanks..

#4 Maggie1956

Maggie1956

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 02:43 AM

Hello! Glad to hear your feeling better. Could you please tell me about the york test? I have heard about them, but I went to an allergy doctor, who gave me the skin prick tests, and said if Im allergic, it will show on these tests. I asked him about blood tests, and he said they arent reliable, how do I know what to believe? Just wondering if someone can help me with advice... thanks..

Hi Dizzy. I was about to ask the exact same question.

Also, does anyone know if this test is available outside America? I'm in Australia. :huh:
SUNSHINE COAST, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA

Maggie

Working towards wellness.
gluten-free (or trying to be) since December 1st 2004

positive blood test - Oct. 2004
positive biopsy -Nov. 2004

#5 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:38 AM

Mel, If you are going to go glutenfree now, don't even consider the biopsy at a later date. You will start healing, and so the results might be negative. I am glad that you have answers, and that you now know what to do!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: