-Tomato

-Tomato paste

-Mushrooms

-Veg.

-Beans

and others gluten-free or not?

Please reply ASAP!! :(

Ads by Google:

It depends.... sometimes citric aciid, modified food starch, natural flavorings, artificial flavorvings that can be found in canned foods, can contain gluten, the easiest way really is to call the company.

If you can find the canned foods that don't contain the other ingredients, you should be okay. I use canned foods that are one ingredient. (beans, peas, corn, tomato, tomato paste....) Just read, read, read those labels! :)

Connie

gluten-free since 1-'98

Kathleen,

I have seen several people mention that citric acid has gluten, but it is on the Celiac.com safe list. Do you know why it's not safe?

If it is citric acid made in the US it is safe. Almost all products made in the US, use citric acid made in the US. It is when traveling, or buying foreign products that you need to be careful. But if you are someone who is very sensitive, it might be a good idea to call the company to verify their source is American.

Mariann

Mariann is correct, it's usually only the stuff made or processed out of the country. I have to think about it a lot, because I do most of my shopping at Sagayas (Asian Market) and nearly everything sold there is foreign. But if you can afford to buy the organic canned foods, you should usually be ok, because they are gererally not processed with any other additives.

I try to stay away from too many canned foods anyway, there are a lot of chemicals used in the metal of the can itself, that get deposited in your blood stream that can cause anything from hair loss and skin rash to who knows what else.