7 replies to this topic

#1 jmengert

jmengert

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:16 PM

Hi, all, this is my first post. First, I just want to say thank you--reading through all of your posts makes me feel not so alone...so thank you SO much.

Here's my story: I was diagnosed with IBS at 20, after several years of "weird" stomach issues (occasional nausea and diarrhea). I was put on Levbid and felt 100% better. 5 years later, I started feeling just awful this past September--constant diarrhea and nausea, which led to weight loss (I'm 5'5 and I now weigh 100 pounds because the nausea is so bad--not good). In November I was diagnosed with celiac disease through the blood test. I'm a very anal person, so I've been very strict with the diet since. Started feeling A LOT better, but still no weight gain, but now the past week I'm nauseous 24/7...any ideas on what it could be? I have an appointment with my GI in two weeks (earliest I could see him) and an appointment with an allergist in a week (maybe it's new food allergies? though I'm barely eating anything due to nausea and I STILL feel bad!).

Thanks for any input or help you can provide!
*Julie*
Gluten free since December 2004
Soy free since June 2005
Dairy free since July 2006

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_spruette_*

Guest_spruette_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:57 PM

I suffered from nausia for nine years so I know what you are going through. {{Comfort Hug}}

The best bet I guess would be to see those doctors, but in the meantime, maybe ask your doctor for some Compazine to ease the nausia until you see them. It comes in pill or suppository form. I have taken it for nine years, which is NOT a suggestion. I can't wait to stop taking it. But it does help. It has a generic form which is just as good called prochloraperizine.

I know how terrible nausia is. I avoided eating when I was 20-21 because it was so bad that I went down to 98 pounds and I was 5'5. Just the mere thought of food would set me off. But compazine helped immensily.

I hope you feel better! ;)

#3 jmengert

jmengert

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:23 PM

Thank you so much for your reply; I can't believe you've been nauseous for nine years--I'm so sorry. I've been dealing with severe nausea for a week, and I'm already super depressed and upset, so I can't even imagine nine years.

I'm a big chicken about taking new drugs because my stomach is so sensitive--do you have any side effects on Compazine? Thanks for suggesting it! It's nice to know that there's something out there that will help with this nauseousness.
*Julie*
Soy free since June 2005

#4 Guest_spruette_*

Guest_spruette_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:58 PM

So is mine. ;) My tummy is so sensitive to medication but Compazine had no side effects with me, minus a little drowsiness the first couple of times I took it, but believe me, it wasn't bad compared to nausia that I get. Compazine is about the strongest anti-nausia drug you will find. At least that's what my educated doctors tell me. It wipes it out. Believe me. It will probably also help with the diareah becuase it has a small constipatant factor with it. Not enough to block you up completely though. I used to call Compazine my best friend. But now I have been on it so long, I am wanting to be completely drug free. If only the nausia would completely leave so that I could do that. Hope you feel better soon! Keep me posted with what happens. :)

#5 jknnej

jknnej

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 03:14 PM

This might be a stupid question for the writer of this post so please pardon if you are a male (I didn't catch your gender)...but if you are indeed female have you ruled out pregnancy?
I'm sure you have if you're a woman but I just wanted to check. When I feel sick that's the first thing my doctor/friends ask me.

#6 jmengert

jmengert

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 03:33 PM

Actually, I get this question a lot whenever I go through these bouts of nausea; nope, not caused by pregnancy.
*Julie*
Soy free since June 2005

#7 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:21 AM

Is the nausea all the time or mainly after you eat?
If it is when you eat try taking enzymes before, during, and after your meal it helps alot with digestion and absorption of food and the level of nausea that I get now is 10 times better.

:) Hope you all feel better
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#8 jmengert

jmengert

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 08:34 PM

The nausea is pretty much all the time, though it is worse after I eat. I'm seeing my gastroenterologist in a week, so I'll have to ask him about the digestive enzymes--it sounds like they do wonders for some people. Thanks for the input!
*Julie*
Soy free since June 2005

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: