Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Chili Sauce

12 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a gluten-free chili sauce. On the Heinz web site, they say their Ketchup is gluten-free but can't verify other products. Anybody know of a gluten-free sauce?

Thanks.

Ads by Google:

If you want a tabasco/cholula type, I don't know.

But if you want a truly hot chili paste, get yourself a jar of Mustapha's morrocan hasrissa. It is made from chilis, lemon and some spices. It is gluten-free-- pretty salty.

It is truly hot-- not vinegary, but deep. It has become my kitchen staple. It is good for sauces and as a condiment.

I just went through this a couple months ago. Heinz looked OK to me on the label, but when I called they said it was NOT gluten free. Wal-Mart's generic brand (Great Values) says Gluten Free on the label.

Enjoy!

OK, this is now weird. I called Heinz on 02/26/08 and got a reply that their Heinz Chili Sauce with Chunk Peppers is gluten-free. I called Canadian 800-number. Also I have seen information on other websites that say Heinz Chili Sauce is gluten-free. We use Heinz Chili sauce quite a lot, we use it instead of their ketchup.

Does anybody else use this sauce and can confirm if Heinz Chili sauce is gluten-free?

I don't know how much of a kick you want. Thai Kitchen makes a sweet chilli sauce that is gluten-free and very good. I used to use it a lot in chinese and as a dipping sauce. It has a mild kick to it. I'm thinking TK has something hotter but I'm not sure, you'd have to look them up and check out their product line.

I can't say for sure but I used Heinz chili sauce a couple of days ago and daughter didn't react to it. I normally buy a locally made chili sauce. Don't have any right now so don't know the name of it.

I'm looking for a gluten-free chili sauce. On the Heinz web site, they say their Ketchup is gluten-free but can't verify other products. Anybody know of a gluten-free sauce?

Thanks.

Las Palmas Red chili sauce

spartan brand

loyd grossman (tomato and chili)

Food Club

Laura Lynn

Hy-vee

Lee Kum Kee

Trader Joe's sweet

Wegman's brand

Happy Cooking!

I'd read the label on all Lee Kum Kee sauces very carefully.

I avoided them in the store because many of them contain wheat per their own label.

Hi,

This listing is from the Heinz site and list all products that are gluten free. The Heinz Chili Sauce is gluten free.

Heinz Website

Celeste

Tapatio, Cholula and Sriracha (Rooster) are all gluten-free.

Tapatio, Cholula and Sriracha (Rooster) are all gluten-free.

Does anyone know about Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce? I can't find any info on the web, and the ingredients look fine, but I have been reacting to something and I think that might be it. It is frustrating when it is so difficult to find info about a product on the web.

I use the heiz chili sauce as well, I've called the company and they said yes and its on their list online!