11 replies to this topic

#1 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

I just returned from Costco's & it seems every time I go they have added a couple more gluten-free items.
Organicville BBQ sauce & salad dressings clearly marked gluten-free....
Beneditto chicken sausages gluten-free , two flavors.
Casual gourmet gluten-free meatballs & chicken sausage
Sharon's Sorbet
Plus all the other things gluten-free they have been carrying.
LOVE Costco's

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

Wish our costco in Hawaii had the Organicville and Beneditto.
last time I checked in Feb. the only thing marked gluten free was the vitamins and one terrible tasting salad dressing whos name I forget. They carry Adeles Sausages many of which are gluten-free and very good. No gluten-free bbq sauce though but I'll check again on Tuesday.

I just returned from Costco's & it seems every time I go they have added a couple more gluten-free items.
Organicville BBQ sauce & salad dressings clearly marked gluten-free....
Beneditto chicken sausages gluten-free , two flavors.
Casual gourmet gluten-free meatballs & chicken sausage
Sharon's Sorbet
Plus all the other things gluten-free they have been carrying.
LOVE Costco's

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 Guest_hightop girl_*

Guest_hightop girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:46 AM

This is a stupid question, but I am pretty knew to this... are you reading labels or does Costco have a list i can pick up at customer service?

#4 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:11 AM

No list at the costco here, spent 3 hours reading labels!
ken

This is a stupid question, but I am pretty knew to this... are you reading labels or does Costco have a list i can pick up at customer service?

Japanese proverb

#5 JennyC

JennyC

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:05 AM

Costco in general does not have any gluten free lists and does not clearly disclose gluten in their Kirkland labels. Although I have heard that some Costco stores might have a list, my store does not have one. I usually stick to brands I know and avoid Kirkland brands. I mostly got my membership for the gluten free rotisserie chicken and shredded cheese, but I still can rarely get out of there without spending $100. ;)
Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.
Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

#6 stolly

stolly

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

They don't have a list, but more and more of the products sold at Costco are labeled gluten free. If things aren't labeled gluten free, you can email Costco with the product name and number, and they will check to see if it's gluten free. Here are some items that are gluten free at Costco: Kirkland rotissiere chicken, Kirkland "shortcuts" chicken, Kirkland chocolate covered raisins, Kirkland trail mix, Perdue frozen boneless chicken breasts, Riceworks Sweet Chili chips (yum!!), and other brands of chicken charbroilers, chicken sausages.
Holly
DD5: juveline rheumatoid arthritis 8/07; celiac 3/08
DS3: negative blood tests
Me and DH: negative blood tests

#7 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:59 PM

The Kirkland rotissiere chicken is not gluten-free in Hawaii. I think it's probably a good idea for people to check their individual stores.

They don't have a list, but more and more of the products sold at Costco are labeled gluten free. If things aren't labeled gluten free, you can email Costco with the product name and number, and they will check to see if it's gluten free. Here are some items that are gluten free at Costco: Kirkland rotissiere chicken, Kirkland "shortcuts" chicken, Kirkland chocolate covered raisins, Kirkland trail mix, Perdue frozen boneless chicken breasts, Riceworks Sweet Chili chips (yum!!), and other brands of chicken charbroilers, chicken sausages.

Japanese proverb

#8 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

Kenlove
That's to bad that the rot chicken isn't gluten-free in your paradise! Would you like to change habitats for a few winter months? I can go without rot chicken for a few months for beautiful weather & scenery!!!!!
Our costco R. chicken is marked gluten-free on the label. Now Sam's Club contains gluten.
We like the wild Alaskan Sockeye salmon too....

mamaw

#9 kenlove

kenlove

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:24 PM

Well if your up near Eagles Mere or Sonnestown PA -- I might think about it ! Beautiful area.
No Sams club here but the groceries all do chicken and all of them have soy sauce on them so I just make my own.
Our small local markets buy directly from fishermen so although we dont get salmon we do get great daily choices of just off the boat fish. I'm addicted to blue marlin steaks!
ken

Kenlove
That's to bad that the rot chicken isn't gluten-free in your paradise! Would you like to change habitats for a few winter months? I can go without rot chicken for a few months for beautiful weather & scenery!!!!!
Our costco R. chicken is marked gluten-free on the label. Now Sam's Club contains gluten.
We like the wild Alaskan Sockeye salmon too....

mamaw

Japanese proverb

#10 Westerngirl

Westerngirl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

These products are not available in my local costco. Does anyone think that they'd be available at Costco.com? Gluten-free products are a hit and miss here. The ones that are available on a regular basis don't taste very good either.

#11 Cary

Cary

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

Please note that Kirkland's chocolate covered raisins have new labeling that states they are processed on dirty equipment (equipment that also processes items with wheat and nuts, etc.). The product looks different also. The size of each choc-covered raisin is much bigger than previously. I am told the bite sensation is different as they are harder now, almost as if they are stale. So at least we aren't missing much.

#12 sariesue

sariesue

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

Well if your up near Eagles Mere or Sonnestown PA -- I might think about it ! Beautiful area.
No Sams club here but the groceries all do chicken and all of them have soy sauce on them so I just make my own.
Our small local markets buy directly from fishermen so although we dont get salmon we do get great daily choices of just off the boat fish. I'm addicted to blue marlin steaks!
ken

But you have Ahi, lots and lots of ahi. Then you can make ahi poke. I had to go to 4 grocery stores in CT to find Ahi in August.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: