This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

For Those Who Have Been To Disney World....

jayhawkmom

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

I am writing a paper for one of my college classes and I could really use your help!!

My paper is regarding travel to Disney World. Along with my paper, I have to create a tri-fold travel brochure. My brochure is going to be aimed at the Celiac community.

I have a wealth of information from my recent trip to Disney World with my daughter, but I'm specifically looking for "testimonials" from real people regarding the accommodation they received while dining at Disney.

So, if you absolutely loved a particular restaurant, meal, chef, manager, or just have something encouraging to say, in general, would you post for me to use in my brochure?? And, may I use your name and (approximate) location?

An example:

"Chef Todd at the Cinderella brunch was amazing, he made my daughter the sweetest gluten freen rice princess pancakes! She was thrilled."

- Tina G, Big Sky Montana

Greatest thanks and much appreciation for any help you can provide!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

No one has anything good to say about a Disney trip?? =)

I find that difficult to believe.

Really, I'm just posting to "bump" the topic. I know there aren't many folks logging in on the weekends, I should have waited to post this till Monday.

Happy Sunday!

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

We had a wonderful time at Disney, every chef was very knowledgeable and helpful! Gluten-free waffles, gluten-free hamburger buns, even gluten-free brownies!!! I know I should have gotten chef names to post and thank, but I didn't--sorry!

JustCan Explorer

Our experience at Disney World was fantastic! Two dinners stand out. One was at Chef Mickey's where Chef Alfonso brought me my own salmon, ribs, and rolls in addition to walking me through what I could eat on the buffet. The other was at Liberty Tree Tavern where Chef Mike made me the best gluten free dessert I've ever had. Delicious. Aside from the great meals, we also had a gluten free brownie just about every day - so nice to be able to find those wherever we went. Can't wait to go back! ~"Can" from Pennsylvania

Hope that helps! I'm a huge Disney fan....

jayhawkmom Enthusiast
We had a wonderful time at Disney, every chef was very knowledgeable and helpful! Gluten-free waffles, gluten-free hamburger buns, even gluten-free brownies!!! I know I should have gotten chef names to post and thank, but I didn't--sorry!

That's ok! Can I just use what you said above?? If it's ok with you, it would be great to add to my testimonials!

Our experience at Disney World was fantastic! Two dinners stand out. One was at Chef Mickey's where Chef Alfonso brought me my own salmon, ribs, and rolls in addition to walking me through what I could eat on the buffet. The other was at Liberty Tree Tavern where Chef Mike made me the best gluten free dessert I've ever had. Delicious. Aside from the great meals, we also had a gluten free brownie just about every day - so nice to be able to find those wherever we went. Can't wait to go back! ~"Can" from Pennsylvania

Hope that helps! I'm a huge Disney fan....

That helps a great deal, thank you! And... the brownies.... OMGosh! I had one every day too!! They were awesome. I didn't care how much they cost, because they taste just as good as "the real thing." LOVED them!!!

gfgypsyqueen Enthusiast

We LOVE Disney - Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot!

My family has several food allergies in addition to Celiacs and Disney made our trip great! This was our first time staying at a Disney hotel and we loved it. I would recommend staying at the Disney hotels to everyone with Celiacs or food allergies. They had pancake and waffle mix ready for us for breakfast. They walked me through the foods and what each of us could have. What a huge treat! My daughter had never had homemade waffles. All of our meals tasted great!

You can use this if it helps your project.

-AnnMarie

Southwest Florida

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

You all are a tremendous help!!

I could have "made up" testimonials, but it's so much better to have real people with real experiences speaking to other members of the Celiac community.

This paper is about travel, but my professor gave me permission to gear it towards "gluten free travel" since the gluten-free issue is so near and dear to my heart. Plus, I'd already done a ton of research prior to our trip in February and I thought it would be nice to put it to use. Hopefully, this paper will not only "teach" my prof about travel to Disney, but will educate her a bit on Celiac!!! =)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dionnek Enthusiast

Disney is the most accomodating place for gluten free travel that I know of (in the U.S., at least)! We stayed at the Pop Century hotel and I had gluten free pancakes, burgers and fries, and pizza, and all were yummy! They also had prepackaged gluten-free brownies in the gift shop - I stocked up on those! We went to a character dinner at the Grand Floridian and it was very nice - the chef walked me around the buffett line and there was plenty for me to eat. We recently went on a 3 day disney cruise, which was incredible for me (the only celiac in our group). I brought a duffle bag full of my own gluten-free snacks/foods "just in case", and I didn't eat any of it! I had wonderful meals and dessert every day! We will definitely go back to Disney every year if I have my way!

whitney728 Newbie

I went to Disney for New Year's in December 2005-January 2006. We stayed at the Grand Floridian and I don't think I've been so well-taken care of anywhere else. They even made me gluten-free mickey waffles. It was amazing.

Dyan Rookie

What about Disneyland? We go all the time, I've never seen anything gluten free.

lonewolf Collaborator
What about Disneyland? We go all the time, I've never seen anything gluten free.

You just have to know where to look and what to ask for. My 16 year old daughter went with a friend for spring break and ate her way through the park, apparently. She had gluten-free pizza, pasta, turkey burger with bun, chicken skewers and a delicious meal at the Blue Bayou. They have a list at city hall of all the food that is gluten-free and the places that can accomodate special dietary restrictions. I had a great experience there 3-1/2 years ago too.

jayhawkmom Enthusiast

Yep, you have to ask. They don't just randomly "advertise" the gluten-free products they have. If you are someone who needs them, however, they are very easy to come by. =)

I really appreciate all the help!

My paper is specifically about Disney World, in Florida, which is why I was asking about experiences from there, specifically.

But, Disney - as a whole, is very Celiac friendly. =)

Thanks to all who gave testimonial for my paper!!!!

Dyan Rookie

Thank you lonewolf, I am going to make a trip to city hall today.

Archived