- - - - -

Irritablity

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_spruette_*

Guest_spruette_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:16 PM

I keep having these fits, like I get very irritated very easily. I was diagnosed with celiac disease last week. I was very malnourished by judging from the color of my eyes and skin and the weight I lost so quickly. I heard that Vitamin B 12 or something is for that same thing. Could I have been losing enough B-12 to make me this irritable. It never lasts, but every once in a while, I just get so snippy with my husband I don't even know why. :o What can I do to help it? Take more vitamin b or a multi vitamin - not sure how to do any of this, as I said I was just diagnosed last week. I just want some of my tension to go away so I laugh more like I used to instead of snapping at my poor husband. Any help is appreciated. ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kvogt

kvogt

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 10:01 AM

During my first year of gluten-free, when I posioned myself I would get very iritable beginning a few days after the incident, lasting for 3-5 days.

#3 celiacfreeman

celiacfreeman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:50 PM

Irritbility goes away in about 3 months after gluten-free. I was irritated over noises,
car pulling up to me at lights, etc Not normal irritation to say the least. YOur husband is going to be so happy in 90 days. My husband can't beleive the difference in me, esp during PMS which has pretty much disappeared.

#4 flboysmom

flboysmom

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:25 PM

Well, I'm happy to read this! My two year old son and husband have both been especially irritable during the past week, they've been gluten-free since January 1. I allowed my son to eat gluten over the weekend and it only made his tantrums worse. It's a relief to realize that the issues are relating back to gluten, which is what I suspected to begin with.

#5 beelzebubble

beelzebubble

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 10:11 PM

i have found that a b complex vitamin helps me immensely. if i miss a couple of days, i really feel it. i get really moody. you could try a good b complex and see if that helps. i've had good luck with the costco vitamins-kirkland signature. they say whether they are gluten free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: