18 replies to this topic

#16 Jema

Jema

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:12 AM

You will get a disclaimer like that from almost any company you ask. Even the manufacturers who put gluten-free on their packaging often do not have such verification for every single ingredient they use. The disclaimer is for legal liability purposes.

You may choose not to use such products, but by making that choice you will be excluding the vast majority of products available to us which are, in fact, safe to use.

I disagree. I've spoken to many companies about this kind of thing. Most know if their ingredients contain gluten or not. If they are not certifying their product, it is most probably because they know there is a gluten source.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 DeborahG

DeborahG

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

biggrin.gif I love this topic!
Yes, kissing a non-gluten-free significant other is a good way to gluten-poison yourself!!
We had a great line of posts on the old board about it, one from a girl in France.... (Ha ha ha! French kissing!)
Many, many people reported kissing a non-gluten-free significant other to be a problem. So, if your looking for the hidden glutens that are troubling you, look in someone elses mouth!! tongue.gif

My hubby went gluten-free for me, and now he feels better, too! Win, win situation!
Connie
gluten-free since 1-'98

I read online at one of the celiac sites that if you go gluten-free and you don't need to it is not healthy.......anyone know about this?

#18 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

Hi Deborah and Welcome to the Forum.

The thead you replied on is five years old as of the last comment and many of these members are no longer active.

I suggest that you create a New Topic for your question.  If you have problems making the new topic, let me know and I can make it for you using your post above

Again, Welcome

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#19 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:53 AM

I read online at one of the celiac sites that if you go gluten-free and you don't need to it is not healthy.......anyone know about this?

The only reason eating gluten-free is unhealthy is if you eat many processed gluten-free (junk) foods like cookies and muffins.  gluten-free bread is not enriched with vitamins so if you relied on fortified grains for your vitamins, you could come up short.

Otherwise, fruits, veggies, meats, eggs, dairy, and some grains (like rice) are all very healthy foods.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: