10 replies to this topic

#1 shanluts

shanluts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:14 PM

Ok...I own a Party Animals Co. A online childrens party company. We are adding allergy friendly products to the site. The people at Domata Flour mailed me some samples. I am a bit of a skeptic about wheat replacers. So I did not have high hopes. I have yearned for pizza for years!

Well, I am a beliver!! I made pizza for my BRAND new Celiac 5yo daughter. Who remembers her Papa Johns Pizza from last week.......She LOVED it. As a matter of fact, I made it for her then we went to soccer practive. She was in the back seat with a friend and I overheard her trying to tell on me! She said "I am not supposed to have flour but my mom made me pizza tonight". LOL

It was simple to make too.

She also has a seasoned breading that I used to make the most unbelivable chicken tenders. I used the domata seasoned blend....egg with sweet potatos and carrots (baby food, 1 jar total) from the Sneaky Chef book.... and then coated them with rice chex crushed with ground almonds for protein. I cooked them in 2 T of olive oil till brown then baked them the rest of the way. I will be making more of these tonight to freeze.

I am planning to premake some pancakes, chicken and dumplings and bread tonight to store in the freezer.

I hope you all enjoy this as much as us!

Shannon

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

Thanks Shannon!!! I am going to check them out.
Yellow Rose
27 years of misdiognoses
seziures summer of 1979 lasted 10 years had maybe a dozen in that time Dr.s never could find what was causing them blamed it on lack of sleep and maybe nutrasweet
rheumatoid arthritis May 1980
wrist joint replacement Jan 1984
fibromyalgia May 1980
insomnia since the 80's
diarrhea 1995-2000 blamed on arthritis meds
Crohn's 1998 after two operations to fix fissures caused by the diarrhea
Other symptons over the last 27 years that have been treated for symptoms not causes:
depression, anemia, constipation, tooth discoloration, tremors in hands, tingling and numbness in feet and hands, fatigue, high blood pressure due to arthritus meds, flushing in face, severe muscle pain and thinking I was going crazy thanks to Dr.'s attitudes.

After diognoses my mother tells me I have an aunt and a cousin with Celiac. Mother tested negative but thinks she is intolerant to wheat and is changing her diet.
Suspect all three of my children have it as well but still trying to convince them to go get tested.

In answer to my prayer, "Lord Please Heal My Broken Body". May 2007 Celiac antibody test positive
Matthew 7: 8 Ask and ye shall receive, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you.

#3 bbuster

bbuster

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:35 AM

I use Domata and really like it.

Have not tried it for pizza (I like Bette Hagman's recipe), but it makes the best Tollhouse cookie bars I have ever had! I've also used it for carrot cake, and the biscuits are pretty good too!
Bev

Mom of Garrett - Mizzou freshman; diagnosed Jan 2005

#4 shanluts

shanluts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

I made bread today with it and had some VISUAL issues (not taste). The thing rose about double the height of the loaf pan in the oven. Then FELL flat when I took it out of the oven. Therefore, It is not sliceable. But My GOODNESS tastes just like white sandwhich bread. Same texture too.! Plus the crust is so flaky. I have eaten about 5 slices now and I was supposed to start back on low carb diet today. (made this for my dd) :)

I am a cookin fool. Probibily the most satisfied I have been since going Gluten Free.

Shannon

#5 larry mac

larry mac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

Sounds good. What are the ingredients?

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

#6 horsesjapan

horsesjapan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

Sounds good. What are the ingredients?

best regards, lm

From the web site, "Rice Flour, Corn Flour, Tapioca Flour, Xanthan Gum"

Nancy

#7 purple

purple

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for the tip, I will be watching for it!
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

#8 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:57 AM

I made bread today with it and had some VISUAL issues (not taste). The thing rose about double the height of the loaf pan in the oven. Then FELL flat when I took it out of the oven. Therefore, It is not sliceable. But My GOODNESS tastes just like white sandwhich bread. Same texture too.! Plus the crust is so flaky. I have eaten about 5 slices now and I was supposed to start back on low carb diet today. (made this for my dd) :)

I am a cookin fool. Probibily the most satisfied I have been since going Gluten Free.

Shannon

Try baking bread with another pan full of water in the oven, a lot of poeple have had good luck with that.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#9 shanluts

shanluts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:22 AM

That is funny. I recently posted that as a tip on here :) I had the pan. Actually I spoke to the lasy who makes it and she said It was too much moisture! It is VERY humid here sooooo I will be trying again today after I pick up my new Kitchenaid mixer....

Shannon :D

#10 jrhanson

jrhanson

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

I am wondering if someone could please post recipes that they have using Domata Flour on here? I have been to their website several times and not been able to view any since it is underconstruction. I would love any bread/food recipes as well as treats. I did try to replace cup for cup with this in a recipe I have for pumpkin bars and it wasn't so hot. They turned out ok just not as I hoped. Thanks Jen

#11 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,653 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

I am wondering if someone could please post recipes that they have using Domata Flour on here? I have been to their website several times and not been able to view any since it is underconstruction. I would love any bread/food recipes as well as treats. I did try to replace cup for cup with this in a recipe I have for pumpkin bars and it wasn't so hot. They turned out ok just not as I hoped. Thanks Jen

Just to let you know, these posts are 4 years old. These posters likely aren't still active here. Maybe someone active can help?

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: