3 replies to this topic

#1 Wakeboarder

Wakeboarder

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:24 AM

I am looking for a new gluten free hair gel. I don't use the stuff a lot, just a little here and there to keep mischievous hairs in place. I was using Redken rewind styling paste but it clearly lists wheat protein and wheat starch in the ingredients. Any suggestions on what I could replace it with?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

I use Dove hair gel, and find it works great without making my hair stiff or sticky (which I'd hate). Even my very picky 16 year old daughter uses Dove gel.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 cupid

cupid

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:48 PM

Hi, Kenra Clear Paste is great on wet or dry hair.

#4 Wakeboarder

Wakeboarder

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:30 PM

What exactly is the name of the Dove hair gel you use? I like Dove but I couldn't find a "hair gel" from them when I went to the store. I even tried to look it up on Dove's website because they have a product locater but it didn't list hair gel. There were a couple of types of styling mousse. Is that what you use?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: