Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Utz...

5 posts in this topic

i've been feeling BEYOND horrible the past day or two...very dizzy and weak, skin on fire, feel numb...and the only thing i had was a couple of utz honey bbq chips

on the bag it said it's a gluten-free product, but then i go on the website and it says it isn't gluten-free on the chart....and the normal sized bags of it have wheat starch in them...i'm wondering if it could be cross contamination, or maybe the bag is mislabeled...i thought utz was reliable, but to have different bags of the same chip have one different ingredient is strange, and i can't see how the site data would be old or anything...anybody have a clue?

Ads by Google:

Hi,

Sorry you're so sick....Utz chips are not made on dedicated lines, and several here have reported having problems with them.

I reacted badly also after eating them.

yeah i was shocked to see wheat starch on the big bag version, and i thought maybe the tiny one was fine but if the site says that and it's the same lines, than yeah

I am sensitive to gluten and have honestly never had a problem with that brand

I have not had a problem with UTZ either, maybe the small bags are mislabeled....cause I remember picking up a small bag once and it did not say gluten free. Hope you feel better soon.