Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

I Found A Way To Get Help Buying gluten-free Foods

2 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I dont know if this will help anyone or not. I have found out thru the health department that i can get help buying gluten-free foods. Since my daughter has been put on a gluten free diet. The WIC office said that i could get up to 200.00 a month in help buying her special foods. There is a process to go thru but any help would be greatly needed. It is almost like food stamps but you order the foods you want from a catalog and pick it up at the health department. This program is based on how many his in your home and how much gross income you make. For a family of 6 like mine the limit is 4000.00 gross a month. My daughter no longer get WIC because she is 6 but they are still going to help me.

I didn't know how many people knew about this so I hope I was able to help. If there is anyone who is getting foods already can you let me know what kind of foods are in the book. I haven't got approved just yet. I should know something by the end of may to the 1st of june.

Ads by Google:

This is fantastic to know. The WIC program is a good one and I am glad to hear that this program doesn't cut off at age 6 or so. Many also don't know that programs like WIC and this one you mention are not just for those on 'Social Services'. If you would know of a web site that folks can get more info from that would be really helpful. Thanks so much for posting this, it may be a big help to many.