16 replies to this topic

#16 FaithInScienceToo

FaithInScienceToo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 08:39 PM

Being an elementary school teacher [who is currently 'not-working,' but is writing children's books] and having 2 younger brothers who are also elementary teachers, I believe you should follow-up with DOCUMENTING everything discussed in writing, and submitting copies to the school board and Principal, along with the teacher. Let them know that you and she spoke, and what exactly she agreed to. This will help to ensure compliance, and will also emphasize with the school district's admistration how important it is for them, legally, to do so.
[Another thought - IF there ever happens to be 'a sub' on cooking day, the Principal would then have to be responsible...].

You're a great mom.
You're daughter is lucky!

Glad she seems to have a good teacher, too -
Gina

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 SofiEmiMom

SofiEmiMom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:37 AM

Thank you so much Gina! That was such a nice thing to say. We Mom's don't get much recognition for our hard work..thank you for your kind words.

Thank you for the advice, as well. I did document everything, but I haven't given it to the Principal yet. Great point about the substitute teacher, I hadn't thought of that.

I did get confirmation from a GI doctor that inhaled gluten can indeed cause a reaction. That helps too. Seems like the gluten dangers are never ending.

Thank you again for the support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: