2 replies to this topic

#1 Ritz865

Ritz865

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 02:09 PM

My mom was recently diagnosed with Celiac and I was wondering if it was genetic. What are the symptoms?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2004 - 03:43 PM

Hi Ritz865: Yes it is a genetic disease and here is a link from this board on the symptoms, click Here

You have found a wonderful website, it is full of important information. When you are on the main page you can search specific things about this disease.

I hope this is helpful :D

#3 Guest_PastorDave_*

Guest_PastorDave_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2004 - 05:52 PM

Yes, Celiac is genetic, and you and all other siblings should be tested. Fortuatly there are blood tests that can be done so that you can avoid doing the Gastroscopy right off. My Mom convinced me to be tested, and the blood test showed that I could have it, and the Gastroscopy confirmed that. Although I never really showed any symptoms :P I did have mild sprue. I am glad to know this so that I will never have to worry about getting the symptoms (I watched my Mom suffer through so much, I am glad to be able to miss it)
Good luck with the testing, there is a possibility that you do not have Celiac, and I hope that you don't. Let us know what happens B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: