2 replies to this topic

#1 tipnpat

tipnpat

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

Hi all. I wondered if anyone knew anything about an elevated c-reactive protein possibly being linked with gluten reaction or celiac disease. I was gluten-free for 6 months, had lost 70 lbs over the previous 2 yrs (on purpose) and was exercising 4-5 times a week. Yet on my annual labs my CRP was over 5 which put me in the high risk for cardivascular disease category. I had accidentally eaten something with gluten the night before and was having a terrible migraine and neck pain on the day they drew my blood. CRP is an inflammation marker but up to a certain point is thought to be cardiac related. Really high ones are linked with other inflammation such as arthritis, etc. Anyone have any insights on this?

Thanks,
Tip

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 HulaGirl

HulaGirl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:08 AM

Hi all. I wondered if anyone knew anything about an elevated c-reactive protein possibly being linked with gluten reaction or celiac disease. I was gluten-free for 6 months, had lost 70 lbs over the previous 2 yrs (on purpose) and was exercising 4-5 times a week. Yet on my annual labs my CRP was over 5 which put me in the high risk for cardivascular disease category. I had accidentally eaten something with gluten the night before and was having a terrible migraine and neck pain on the day they drew my blood. CRP is an inflammation marker but up to a certain point is thought to be cardiac related. Really high ones are linked with other inflammation such as arthritis, etc. Anyone have any insights on this?

Thanks,
Tip

#3 HulaGirl

HulaGirl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

HI, I was diagnosed in Oct 2007, blood work, endoscop, biopsies. 6 months before that I read about CRP in Woman's Day and asked for the test. Mine was 5.2 on a normal scale it should have been below 3. But of course my cardiologist (I see for Tachacardia) ignored it. Since I now know I have Celiac and it has been 8 months gluten-free I got another CRP with my Celiac blood tests and it is in the normal range now as well as my Celiac tests. My diet is extremely limited to rice, potatos, can veggies, fresh fruit, fish. I make homemade lentil soup and freeze it as well as homemade chili (sans meat). I haven't given up dairy yet. No tummy trouble at all. I may have a candida problem so I am starting Pro biotics with acidophilus. No refined sugar. I may have to give up dairy to get rid of the candida. I am having redness and itching skin so it may be the candida or excema. I am looking into it. Dairy is on the list of inflamation causing foods but my CRP is finally normal.

Hope this gives you some info.
Hula Girl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: