This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help!

isiskingdom

isiskingdom Contributor

I am 6 weeks pregnant and I don't know what to eat. I can not have gluten,dariy,soy,pork, raw veggies, fruit and some gluten-free foods. I was eating eating Ian's chicken nuggets,corn torrillas and gluten-free choco chips but they are making me feel sick I need some more food ideas FAST PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kenlove Rising Star

How about rice? If you get a rice cooker you can put some fresh veggies or even canned peas & carrots in it and cook them with the rice and some spices you can have. You can some types of rice that are easier on the gut like aborrio. Instant rice might be processed in some weird way. Brown rice is usually the best.

Good luck!

I am 6 weeks pregnant and I don't know what to eat. I can not have gluten,dariy,soy,pork, raw veggies, fruit and some gluten-free foods. I was eating eating Ian's chicken nuggets,corn torrillas and gluten-free choco chips but they are making me feel sick I need some more food ideas FAST PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
isiskingdom Contributor
How about rice? If you get a rice cooker you can put some fresh veggies or even canned peas & carrots in it and cook them with the rice and some spices you can have. You can some types of rice that are easier on the gut like aborrio. Instant rice might be processed in some weird way. Brown rice is usually the best.

Good luck!

I eat rice for dinner almost every single night. I am sooooo hungry

ShayFL Enthusiast

You need calories, but not that much more right now. In a couple months, you will need A LOT more. Do you like acorn squash? It is delicious with a sprinkle of cinnamon and your favorite sweetner....baked in the oven. Yum!!

Nuts pack nutrition and calories.

Beef, Turkey, Eggs

Pancakes made with grains you tolerate plus eggs.

AliB Enthusiast

I have had digestive issues and I am an extreme protein metabolic type so my foods are also limited (although that is gradually improving since I have been following the right food choices for my type). I don't cope with carbs very well at all, and never have done.

I tend to have rice cakes and either tinned mackerel, salmon or sardines for breakfast with a little mayo. Although I am off dairy, I can cope with butter. Can you cope with eggs? What about making a veggie, ham and potato tortilla then when you feel hungry, just cut a slice and eat it hot or cold.

Cook some gluten-free sausages and keep them in the fridge then pop one in the microwave for a minute. If you can find or make gluten-free pate that is an alternative on the rice cakes (or oat cakes if you can cope with them).

When I am peckish I use a celery stick to scoop peanut butter to munch on (I'm chomping on it right now!). I don't cope with raw very well but I am ok with celery. If you can tolerate a little apple that is nice with peanut butter too. Nuts may be another option, again if you can tolerate them.

Try to stick to plain foods rather than processed and high-carb sugary stuff as it will affect your blood sugar and make it unstable. Protein helps to stabilise it and stop the hypos and hunger pangs.

I hope this helps and all goes well for you.

isiskingdom Contributor
I have had digestive issues and I am an extreme protein metabolic type so my foods are also limited (although that is gradually improving since I have been following the right food choices for my type). I don't cope with carbs very well at all, and never have done.

I tend to have rice cakes and either tinned mackerel, salmon or sardines for breakfast with a little mayo. Although I am off dairy, I can cope with butter. Can you cope with eggs? What about making a veggie, ham and potato tortilla then when you feel hungry, just cut a slice and eat it hot or cold.

Cook some gluten-free sausages and keep them in the fridge then pop one in the microwave for a minute. If you can find or make gluten-free pate that is an alternative on the rice cakes (or oat cakes if you can cope with them).

When I am peckish I use a celery stick to scoop peanut butter to munch on (I'm chomping on it right now!). I don't cope with raw very well but I am ok with celery. If you can tolerate a little apple that is nice with peanut butter too. Nuts may be another option, again if you can tolerate them.

Try to stick to plain foods rather than processed and high-carb sugary stuff as it will affect your blood sugar and make it unstable. Protein helps to stabilise it and stop the hypos and hunger pangs.

I hope this helps and all goes well for you.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try a few. I am craving hot ham and cheese sandwiches and icee's and pancakes,gyros,and oh my much more are any of these or can they be gluten-free for me to eat???

kenlove Rising Star

Kind of hard to have ham and cheese when you cant have dairy and pork. You can get good gluten free pancake mixes, gluten-free breads and a fair number of other items at local healthfood stores. I would worry about gyros though. If you can find packaged ones in major markets and check whats in them that would be safer.

good luck

ken

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try a few. I am craving hot ham and cheese sandwiches and icee's and pancakes,gyros,and oh my much more are any of these or can they be gluten-free for me to eat???

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cattriona Newbie

Almonds are a miracle food - they have heaps of calcium, magnesium, manganese - everything that's good for you. They're also really filling. I also have heaps of tahini - another wonder food in my opinion. I like to mix it with honey so it tastes sweeter and put it on toast or cereal. I don't know what you're able to tolerate exactly as far as veggies go, but if you bake sweet potato/kumerah and flavour it a little with salt/garlic salt/anything else, that's also quite filling and highly full of vitamins and nutrients.

redgf Rookie

I have twin boys, three and a half months old now, and am gluten free too and had to go dairy free while pregnant, also had to watch my sugar intake. I ate TONS of plain rice cakes with peanut butter on them, and ate a bunch of (not so good for you but oh so satisfying) potato chips with homemade sweet mango salsa. My husband is a great cook, and made a lot of homemade dinners for me, put them in tupperware in the fridge so I could eat "at will" even when I was home alone. I loved teriyaki chicken (used a few drops of corn syrup instead of soy sauce), almond crusted chicken breasts, and I also ate a lot of rice and sweet potatoes. I have a great recipe for a sweet potato casserole if you would like it, I ate it constantly while prego!

I also ate Amy's gluten free/dairy free frozen pizzas a lot, very filling.

Good luck, hope all goes well for you!

isiskingdom Contributor
I have twin boys, three and a half months old now, and am gluten free too and had to go dairy free while pregnant, also had to watch my sugar intake. I ate TONS of plain rice cakes with peanut butter on them, and ate a bunch of (not so good for you but oh so satisfying) potato chips with homemade sweet mango salsa. My husband is a great cook, and made a lot of homemade dinners for me, put them in tupperware in the fridge so I could eat "at will" even when I was home alone. I loved teriyaki chicken (used a few drops of corn syrup instead of soy sauce), almond crusted chicken breasts, and I also ate a lot of rice and sweet potatoes. I have a great recipe for a sweet potato casserole if you would like it, I ate it constantly while prego!

I also ate Amy's gluten free/dairy free frozen pizzas a lot, very filling.

Good luck, hope all goes well for you!

Yes I would love any recipes uu could give me. The Amy's gluten-free/dairy free pizza what is it made out of?

redgf Rookie
Yes I would love any recipes uu could give me. The Amy's gluten-free/dairy free pizza what is it made out of?

Open Original Shared Link

this will take you to amy's site, pretty easy to figure out what is in a product. the pizza i eat has soy cheese... sorry for typos feeding a baby! I'll find the recipe and post it in a minute. i am actually in the end stages of typing my first cookbook for publication!

home-based-mom Contributor

It sounds like you need to do the basic shop around the periphery of the grocery store and avoid the processed stuff in the middle. There are many veggies, most of which you can cook up nicely. You mentioned not being able to eat pork and fish. What about beef? Chicken? I remember being very tired while pregnant, but it does not take much energy to cook a frozen chicken breast (Walmart or Costco) with some Minute Rice and a package of plain frozen veggies. Potatoes are quite filling. Almond butter is very tasty.

Hope you figure out something soon.

redgf Rookie

Sweet Potato Casserole - EXCELLENT DISH!

Potato mix:

4 C mashed cooked sweet potato

1 C milk (can be omitted for dairy free)

1 egg

1/2 C sugar

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

Topping:

3/4 C crushed gluten-free cornflakes

1/2 C brown sugar

1/4 C raisins

4 Tbs melted butter

Combine all potato mix ingredients and bake in 11x13 greased casserole dish for 20 minutes at 400.

Combine all topping ingredients. When potato mix is done, spread topping mix over potato mix and return to oven. Bake 10 minutes more, just until browned.

I don't use the raisins much, my mom loves them in it tho.

RiceGuy Collaborator

Well, I'm no expert on what an expectant mother should eat, but here are a few healthy ideas which seem to fit within your stated restrictions.

Lundberg's Sweet Brown Rice (I couldn't stand brown rice until I tried this. It cooks up creamy not dry), add veggies and spices, then blend in coconut oil once done.

Besides rice, there are plenty of other healthy and delicious grains if you can have them, such as amaranth, Kasha (roasted buckwheat), millet, sorghum, teff, etc. Lentils go well with most of these too (I like the red ones).

Fresh homemade popcorn with coconut oil is a yummy snack if corn doesn't bother you.

Sweet potatoes or various squashes are very versatile - use like a veggie, make into pudding, bake into cookies, muffins, pies, sweetbreads, etc. Nuts tend to work well in these recipes too.

Try Stevia in place of sugar. The pure powder without fillers tend to be far better than the other types.

redgf Rookie

I would also try different recipes for chili, it can be really nutritious depending on the ingredients. I have been trying to think of what else I ate on a regular basis... chili with black beans and ground beef or ground turkey, quinoa with brown sugar almost every morning, lots of salad with ginger dressings, my husband got a fryer for christmas and made lots of fried chicken by just rolling bite sized pieces in my fave Gluten-Free flour and some spices, lots of fritos, fresh fruits, homemade icees, I baked tomatoes with broccoli and garlic, lots of potato skins,invented a bunch of marinades for meats, lots of beef stew, hamburger soup, crockpot roast beefs, and a bunch of different cookie recipes I was trying, some yummy some nasty!

I had to eat a TON of stuff to support two babies, and I was borderline anemic the whole time too. I ate steak once a week towards the end there!

I hope this gives you some ideas, I know exactly what it feels like to be starving and not have anything to satisfy your hunger! I remember standing in my kitchen munching ice because I had nothing to eat at that moment... HA!

Again, best of luck for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Archived