This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Blood Work Results-proper Tests?

Netzel

Netzel Rookie

Due to a long list of symptoms and the suggestions of a celiac friend my husband asked his allergist to run some blood tests for celiac, which were done by LabCorp out of Dublin Ohio. Can someone in the know tell me if these were indeed the correct tests or if he should get different tests run?

Immunoglobulins A/G/M, Qn, Ser

Immunoglobulin G, Qn, Serum , 1292, range 700-1600

Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum , 312, 70-400

Immunoglobulin M, Qn, Serum, 88, 40-230

Gliadin IgG/IgA Ab Prof, EIA

Antigliadin Abs, IgA , 2, 0-4

Antigliadin Abs, IgG, 37 HIGH, 0-9

Antinuclear Antibodies Direct, 19, 0-99

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA, less than 1, 0-3

We had him tested for Sjogrens, since he has very dry eyes (had tear duct plugs for this issue) and dry mouth, but not to the point of swallowing difficulty--these testscame out negative

From the IgG level do I assume he is at least gluten intolerent?

THANKS!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MELINE Enthusiast
Due to a long list of symptoms and the suggestions of a celiac friend my husband asked his allergist to run some blood tests for celiac, which were done by LabCorp out of Dublin Ohio. Can someone in the know tell me if these were indeed the correct tests or if he should get different tests run?

Immunoglobulins A/G/M, Qn, Ser

Immunoglobulin G, Qn, Serum , 1292, range 700-1600

Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum , 312, 70-400

Immunoglobulin M, Qn, Serum, 88, 40-230

Gliadin IgG/IgA Ab Prof, EIA

Antigliadin Abs, IgA , 2, 0-4

Antigliadin Abs, IgG, 37 HIGH, 0-9

Antinuclear Antibodies Direct, 19, 0-99

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA, less than 1, 0-3

We had him tested for Sjogrens, since he has very dry eyes (had tear duct plugs for this issue) and dry mouth, but not to the point of swallowing difficulty--these testscame out negative

From the IgG level do I assume he is at least gluten intolerent?

THANKS!

Hello

here is what I found in google for the blood tests you need to run for celiac. You can compare it to those you have from your doctor. Good luck!!!

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) both IgA and IgG

Anti-endomysial antibodies (EMA) - IgA

Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG) - IgA

Total IgA level.

Netzel Rookie
Hello

here is what I found in google for the blood tests you need to run for celiac. You can compare it to those you have from your doctor. Good luck!!!

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) both IgA and IgG

Anti-endomysial antibodies (EMA) - IgA

Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG) - IgA

Total IgA level.

That is the list I took in to the doctor to request, but I am not sure that is what we got! Can anyone tell me if it is?

MELINE Enthusiast
That is the list I took in to the doctor to request, but I am not sure that is what we got! Can anyone tell me if it is?

oops.....I see...sorry I can't help you with that....

nora-n Rookie

You got antigliadin IgA and IgG, and the IgG version was elevated.

You got Ttg IgA, negative, the IgG version was not done, and wouold be interesting seeingthe antigliadin was so positive.

Endomysium test was not done, sometimes this is the only one that is positive, but often this one will not be positive until all the villihave gone which may take longer or shorter time, or never. Many have only patchy villi damage.

This disorder comes in so many different forms and shapes.

I suggest you get a scope done with biopsies , because the antigliadin is not so specific so most doctors would not diagnose him based on this.

But we here would say he is definitely intolerant of gluten.

So, it depends on wether you want a diagnosis or not, if you do not need onw he can try to go gluten-free. But this would complicate diagnosis.

nora

Archived