Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Withdrawal Symptoms Off Dairy - Anxiety?

4 posts in this topic

Did anyone else get withdrawal symptoms coming off dairy?

I don't feel too bad, but I'm wondering if I'm getting some anxiety...

In other words, I'm not sure if the situation I am in, should be giving me so much anxiety... like if its real, or if its because I'm withdrawing from dairy.

I wish I could tell because...well... I'm trying to make decisions on something and the anxiety is telling me one thing...

?

Ads by Google:
Did anyone else get withdrawal symptoms coming off dairy?

I don't feel too bad, but I'm wondering if I'm getting some anxiety...

In other words, I'm not sure if the situation I am in, should be giving me so much anxiety... like if its real, or if its because I'm withdrawing from dairy.

I wish I could tell because...well... I'm trying to make decisions on something and the anxiety is telling me one thing...

?

Getting withdrawal from Dairy is quite likely. If you are experiencing some unexpected anxiety level then it is quite possible. I went through withdrawal but I came off gluten and dairy at the same time so probably killed 2 birds with one stone :lol:

It's slightly difficult for us out here as we are not going through what you are so don't know how you would normally react!

At the end of the day when we stop something that the body is used to having we are highly likely to get a backlash of some kind. Mine lasted for around 2 weeks or so, with an almost permanent headache and just feeling grotty. We are all different so it would affect you differently to me.

I just had a bit of ice cream. I'm still going to get off it. I think it won't be too bad. But I wanted to slow down the withdrawal if that was what it was.

So my plan is to have 2 scoops of ice cream either tomorrow or the day after...or as long as I can go before it gets too bad. Then that will be it.

I didn't feel any different at first when I stopped my allergens. I don't have celicac. Just allergies. Then at about the 2 week mark, I think the detox set it. I felt really bad and took to bed. Then I felt a LOT better. Daughter was about the same. Hers are allergies too.