Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Withdrawal Symptoms Off Dairy - Anxiety?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 CuriousOne

CuriousOne

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

Did anyone else get withdrawal symptoms coming off dairy?

I don't feel too bad, but I'm wondering if I'm getting some anxiety...

In other words, I'm not sure if the situation I am in, should be giving me so much anxiety... like if its real, or if its because I'm withdrawing from dairy.
I wish I could tell because...well... I'm trying to make decisions on something and the anxiety is telling me one thing...

?
I eat whatever I want. But I listen to my body. I just can't eat a lot of diary or grains. If I do eat them, I savor and chew them slowly and well... I don't like feeling sluggish and if I eat alot of those things I start feeling sluggish. I feel very cleaned out now. I like to eat lots of raw fruits and veggies. I think for me I just can't eat things that are inflammatory, and dairy and all grains are inflammatory to me. So looks like I'll be eating mainly fruits, veggies, wild or grass-fed meats, and figure out what other stuff I can eat thats not too inflammatory. I'll probably also drink wine or brandy and use other plants things that are anti-inflammatory. Yeah!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AliB

AliB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:10 PM

Did anyone else get withdrawal symptoms coming off dairy?

I don't feel too bad, but I'm wondering if I'm getting some anxiety...

In other words, I'm not sure if the situation I am in, should be giving me so much anxiety... like if its real, or if its because I'm withdrawing from dairy.
I wish I could tell because...well... I'm trying to make decisions on something and the anxiety is telling me one thing...

?

Getting withdrawal from Dairy is quite likely. If you are experiencing some unexpected anxiety level then it is quite possible. I went through withdrawal but I came off gluten and dairy at the same time so probably killed 2 birds with one stone :lol:

It's slightly difficult for us out here as we are not going through what you are so don't know how you would normally react!

At the end of the day when we stop something that the body is used to having we are highly likely to get a backlash of some kind. Mine lasted for around 2 weeks or so, with an almost permanent headache and just feeling grotty. We are all different so it would affect you differently to me.
Ali - 50 - struggled with what I now know to be GI symptoms and poor carb digestion for at least 35 years! Diabetic type II (1997). Mother undx Celiac - lifelong diabetic Type 1 & anemic (plus 1 stillborn and 10 miscarriages after me). Father definitely very GI.

Stopped gluten & dairy, Jan 08, but still other issues so dropped most carbs and sugar and have been following the Specific Carb Diet (SCD) since March 08. Recovery slow but steady and I can now eat a much broader range of foods especially raw which are good for my digestion and boost my energy level.

Not getting better? Try the SCD - it might just change your life.........

#3 CuriousOne

CuriousOne

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:51 PM

I just had a bit of ice cream. I'm still going to get off it. I think it won't be too bad. But I wanted to slow down the withdrawal if that was what it was.

So my plan is to have 2 scoops of ice cream either tomorrow or the day after...or as long as I can go before it gets too bad. Then that will be it.
I eat whatever I want. But I listen to my body. I just can't eat a lot of diary or grains. If I do eat them, I savor and chew them slowly and well... I don't like feeling sluggish and if I eat alot of those things I start feeling sluggish. I feel very cleaned out now. I like to eat lots of raw fruits and veggies. I think for me I just can't eat things that are inflammatory, and dairy and all grains are inflammatory to me. So looks like I'll be eating mainly fruits, veggies, wild or grass-fed meats, and figure out what other stuff I can eat thats not too inflammatory. I'll probably also drink wine or brandy and use other plants things that are anti-inflammatory. Yeah!

#4 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

I didn't feel any different at first when I stopped my allergens. I don't have celicac. Just allergies. Then at about the 2 week mark, I think the detox set it. I felt really bad and took to bed. Then I felt a LOT better. Daughter was about the same. Hers are allergies too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: