Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

gluten-free Polenta

5 posts in this topic

If Bob's Red Mill doesn't even have gluten-free polenta, who does? I know the issue is CC and not the actual ingredients of the polenta, but my DS doesn't have immediate GI reactions when he gets glutened, so I'm usually unaware of CC but try to avoid it at all possible.

Ads by Google:

I found a Polenta at Harris Teeter in the refrigerated section by the produce. You know, where the tofu and stuff like that is. It was down in the corner, but it said gluten free on it. I also found one at Whole Foods, I think it was on the gluten free aisle. But, I'm not totally sure about that. I know it was not refridgerated though, so really it could be anywhere.

I remembered after you posted that the tube polenta we use does indeed say gluten free on it. But it takes 2 tubes to make a meal for my family of five which can get kind of cost prohibitive. I'd like to find some dried if at all possible. Thanks for reminding me about the tube kind though.

Whats this about the bobs mill, tho? I just switched to bob's mill grits figuring it shoudl be safer than the quaker oats i'd been using ...

Whats this about the bobs mill, tho? I just switched to bob's mill grits figuring it shoudl be safer than the quaker oats i'd been using ...

Bob's Mill corn products are produced in their gluten plant and therefore carry the risk of cross contamination. I, like you, specifically went looking for the bob's mill brand figuring it would be safer and was surprised to NOT see their gluten-free logo on the bag.