This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Rice Chex?

holdthegluten

holdthegluten Rising Star

For some reason reason every time i eat rice chex cereal i get really bloated and uncomfortable. I know its gluten free and the rice milk i use (Pacific) is gluten free also. Anyon else have a problem with rice products or rice cereals?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GlutenGalAZ Enthusiast

I haven't had any problems with the new Rice Chex....

Does the box of Rice Chex you got say gluten free on the front?? I have seen a lot of the older boxes next to the new ones recently. When they first came out with the new formula I didn't see any of the old box but recently I have.

Hope you feel better.

holdthegluten Rising Star
I haven't had any problems with the new Rice Chex....

Does the box of Rice Chex you got say gluten free on the front?? I have seen a lot of the older boxes next to the new ones recently. When they first came out with the new formula I didn't see any of the old box but recently I have.

Hope you feel better.

They say gluten free

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I have not had any problems with the rice chex either.

katebuggie28 Apprentice
I have not had any problems with the rice chex either.

I just tried some yesterday, and I had no problems. It's a miracle!!!

roxie Contributor

I also got really bloated from the rice chex cereal (and it did say gluten free on the front). However, I seem to feel the same way by just eating plain brown rice. I also got really bloated from the rice based yogurt (Ricera). It's a bummer too, because it was really good - but I hate being bloated!

stolly Collaborator

My daughter has been eating it without any problems. (And I like it to even though I don't have celiac) I'm hoping they come out with gluten-free Corn Chex.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

home-based-mom Contributor

I also get bloated from brown rice / rice bran. I wish I didn't because I really like the flavor, but . . . . .

I haven't tried the Rice Chex yet. Maybe I won't. :(

• 2 weeks later...
KarenDianne Newbie

Just jumping in here - haven't been on for a very long time. RE cereals, I didn't know Rice Chex was ok to eat (for most of us). It would be great to have something new in my diet! Hope it works for me. I thought the only cereal I could ever eat was Trix. Trix has never bothered me and I've been eating it for about a year now. Also I used to be a big pancake eater. I've bought numerous kinds of mixes but they all still seem to bother my stomach somewhat. I'm honestly beginning to think it's the SYRUP! If I eat them without syrup, it seems to be ok (but wierd without it!). Any ideas on why syrup could be the culprit? Seems innocent enough. Thanks! If I get a reply for someone...I just may start checking in more often. :rolleyes: KarenDianne

They say gluten free
larry mac Enthusiast

Have been eating gluten-free rice chex every morning for several weeks now. On my third box. So far, so good.

Wrote an email to General Mills thanking them for reformulating rice chex to make them gluten-free. Never was a fav of mine before. Always liked the honey nut chex. But, gluten-free beggars can't be too choosy.

best regards, lm

hez Enthusiast

KarenDianne-

I know pure maple syrup (the real stuff) is gluten-free. There are alot of syrups that are not. I can't remember why, maybe malt? I use the Eggo brand of syrup and do not have problems. I checked about a year ago and they were gluten-free.

Hez

BFreeman Explorer
Just jumping in here - haven't been on for a very long time. RE cereals, I didn't know Rice Chex was ok to eat (for most of us). It would be great to have something new in my diet! Hope it works for me. I thought the only cereal I could ever eat was Trix. Trix has never bothered me and I've been eating it for about a year now. Also I used to be a big pancake eater. I've bought numerous kinds of mixes but they all still seem to bother my stomach somewhat. I'm honestly beginning to think it's the SYRUP! If I eat them without syrup, it seems to be ok (but wierd without it!). Any ideas on why syrup could be the culprit? Seems innocent enough. Thanks! If I get a reply for someone...I just may start checking in more often. :rolleyes: KarenDianne

We use the Maple Grove Farms syrup--says gluten-free on the bottle. It comes in maple flavor and butter flavor at the supermarket.

Archived