1 reply to this topic

#1 erica

erica

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 10:54 PM

Hello, I have been gluten free for about 7 months and have never experienced dermatitis herpetiformis, not even before I found out I have celiac disease. This week, I broke out into an incredibly itchy rash all over my body. My arms, back, inner thighs and back of my thighs, and even my tush have little bumps all over and I can't stop scratching. I then realized around the same time this started, I ran out of my usual soap and used some hotel soap I had from a recent trip. The soap has little pieces of grains, etc.. in it and I realized that this is probably what caused th rash. My question is, now that I have stopped using the soap, will the rash go away by itself or do I have to get treatment for it? Has anyone else had this kind of experience? It's just really upsetting b/c just when I was finally getting used to my gluten free lifestyle and accepting the changes I have to make, anotherr sympton comes along and is keeping me up all night.

Hoping someone has some good advise or encouragement!
Thanks,
Erica

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_cd&dhspruehead_*

Guest_cd&dhspruehead_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2004 - 04:22 PM

I will never use hotel sope.DH and traveling no no.Thank you for pointing that out to the newbies.Hotel sope dose not come with any kind of proper lable.THERE for always bring your own sampoo,hand cream,ect.on any kind of trip that you know is gluten-free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: