This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Needing To Find Someone To Talk To.

Blessings

Blessings Explorer

I just found out in March that I have celiacs and in April that I have crohns. Emotionally I'm holding on by a thread. Anyone out there that's gone through this, on the south end of Co Springs, willing to lend an ear. I need an understanding friend right now.

I am going to a series of stress management classes

lots of prayer

appointment with therapist in June

workout at gym

don't know anyone else with celiac

went to CSA vendor fair last month will try to go to the meeting in June

Normally I am a very even keeled person but this has thrown me for a loop.

Vicky

buildingblessings@msn.com

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mammajamma Rookie

All I can tell you is... you are in the right place! I wish you luck dealing with all this...

AliB Enthusiast

You may undoubtedly find that dealing with the Celiac will also sort out the Crohn's, as it is almost certainly caused by the same thing. Gluten.

This is a great place to come and share experience, ask questions, vent and whatever you need. You can pretty much guarantee that what ever you are going through has been experienced in some form by others out there. We all support and encourage each other and it is a great help.

Even if you have no support or 'gluten-free compatriots' around you, there are loads of us here and you never know, you might just find a few local 'buddies' to pal up with through it too.

Bernadette Newbie

Celiac and Crohn's are completely linked and are often considered the "same" by many doctors- the reason why I say this is because my former co-workers tested negative for Celiac but was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and was told the treatment was a gluten free diet. One of my former doctor's thought I had Crohn's disease and told me to eat a gluten free diet and my new doctor strongly feels I have Celiac disease and has told me to eat a gluten free diet. I am currently awaiting the test results on the celiac disease. If you keep gluten out of your diet, both your Celiac and Crohn's disease will be managed appropriately. My doctor has even confirmed this as we spoke about this during my visit last week.

And, if you ever need to vent, just jump on this forum and let it out! My mother actually told me about this forum and I have learned so much and comforted to see that there are so many people that know how I feel.

Guest hightop girl

I am in the colorado springs area, but at the north end of town. I don't have crohns, but I am new and can understand your need for some support. feel free to pm me so we can talk.

Sherry

ksymonds84 Enthusiast
I just found out in March that I have celiacs and in April that I have crohns. Emotionally I'm holding on by a thread. Anyone out there that's gone through this, on the south end of Co Springs, willing to lend an ear. I need an understanding friend right now.

I am going to a series of stress management classes

lots of prayer

appointment with therapist in June

workout at gym

don't know anyone else with celiac

went to CSA vendor fair last month will try to go to the meeting in June

Normally I am a very even keeled person but this has thrown me for a loop.

Vicky

buildingblessings@msn.com

Hi Vicky,

I live in the south broadmoor bluff area. PM me anytime as well!

Chrissyb Enthusiast

I live near the walmart on platte and only been dealing with celiac since november. I am hear to talk any time. I also have ms.

Chrissy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ksymonds84 Enthusiast

I was reading in wednesday's food section of the gazette that the pikes peak celiac organization is going to be meeting once a month at a different restaurant. My paper got thrown away but my husband THINKS he remembers June 16th at Gertrude's. You can call Gertrude's to see what info they have on how to reserve etc. if any of you colorado springs gals want to attend Sounds like a nice way to get to know fellow CDers.

• 2 weeks later...
Blessings Explorer

Hi Guys

Have you heard anything else about Gertrudes? As far as I know the CSA Meeting is on Sat, June 14 at 10 am, at the Holly Branch Library. Platte and Murry, at the NE corner shopping center. I am going to go if you want to meet up and go to Chipotle afterwards. I sent you a personal message if you want to get back with me.

Hope to meet you guys.

sickchick Community Regular

Hang in there Sweetie... we're all here for you. My heart is breaking for you.

Archived