Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Mornings.. Do U Get Sick

10 posts in this topic

hello,

im wondering how mornings are for you guys?

I started getting "ill" in the mornings a year or so ago.. i felt i had to rush to go to the washroom once 'gravity hit' and i got standing up..

since going gluten-free, i still am in the washroom in the mornings, but its not as bad.

i'd like to know if anyone shares this experience..

thanks everyone.

rob

Ads by Google:

Hi Rob,

Yes I still have a problem first thing in the morning and I've been gluten-free since Sept 2003. <_< I also continue to have "uncontrollable BM's", not sure why that is and I have mentioned it to my GI doc and he hasn't said anything.... so ..... I guess it's something I will have to live with! ;) I usually do not eat anything if I am going out, I will eat when I return home.

How long have you been gluten-free?

With my symptoms, they used to always start in late afternoon or evening: 4-8 PM. I've noticed, though, that since being gluten-free, I can feel if I'm gping to be sick later in the day by how I feel in the morning. Sometimes it's stomach pains (mild, but there), more often it's nausea and a lack of appetite. But I've noticed that how I feel in the morning generally reflects how I'll be in the afternoon--only if I have mild symptoms in the morning, they get much worse by evening.

i have never officially been diagnosed as celiac..

i started gluten free, and instead of going to the bathroom 5 times a day (always minimum 3)

..after 1st few weeks gluten free, it was 2 or 3 a day

now its one a day..

but mornings are always the issue, but its not bad anymore.. and it's totally improved my mood..

rob

www.v2r.ca/me

stacie--i am the same way--i dont eat before i go somewhere and it makes people so upset--they think i am not taking care of myself--they dont understand that i am doing just that--i am doing what my body requires me to do--sometimes i can eat once i am where i am going, but i have to get there first--its a panic type thing for me even though i may not be panicking at the time--i tell people, it's just the way i am--get used to it----deb

Before going gluten-free, my problem was IBS (going to the bathroom all the time and bad pain).

Since going gluten-free my pain is pretty much gone but I still have the IBS...sometimes I have to go to the bathroom 4 times in an hour, etc.

But I never really had nausea before I started the diet. Now I feel nauseated after I eat. I think it's because my tummy is trying to get used to a new diet. I also feel sick in the am's but I get up, take a few deep breaths, and brush my teeth. The peppermint flavor helps. I also carry Lifesavers (they are gluten-free) peppermint mints with me everywhere I go. They work WONDERS I am not kidding you. I pop one in my mouth right after I eat every meal. Love them....

Deb and Stacie..I am exactly the same way as well. I don't eat very much before I am going places. People don't understand why I do this and may think I am not taking care of myself. You know some people don't really understand alot about celiac and different effects on nerves and other things it can cause.

For me mornings are also a tell tale on how my day will be. I usually have pretty good days but I have some where I still get on and off nausea(not too bad) but my altoids, tea, enzymes, and probiotics seem to keep them at little or no level now.Fortunately I have never had to go to the bathroom frequently and never had any problems there. The only major symptoms I have had is nausea and fatigue and being gluten-free has made it 10x better.

The more you are gluten-free I'm sure the better it will get for you. Good luck with everything :D

YES YES AND YES!!! Mornings are bad!! They are better than they used to be before going gluten-free however. I have to be at work at 7:30 but get up at 5:30 so I can get any "bathroomitis" over with before leaving (I only live 5 minutes from my job). If I am going anywhere in the morning, I get up 2 hours earlier at least. Hate riding with people other than my immediate family cause I'm uncomfortable asking them to stop at a bathroom. I am definitely better but still take Imodium if I'm going anywhere cause I'm not brave enough to face the world without it as I have had some bad experiences. Don't invite people to go shopping, etc. with me cause they usually want to stop and eat and THEN shop and that is a sure anxiety cause for me. Will only eat out if it's the LAST thing we do and we're not far from home. :)

Mornings are ALWAYS the worst for me.

Guess I'm the odd one out. Morning's aren't a particular problem... aside from the having to get out of bed bit.