#1 roddi

roddi

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:33 AM

hello,
im wondering how mornings are for you guys?
I started getting "ill" in the mornings a year or so ago.. i felt i had to rush to go to the washroom once 'gravity hit' and i got standing up..

since going gluten-free, i still am in the washroom in the mornings, but its not as bad.

i'd like to know if anyone shares this experience..
thanks everyone.

rob

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:46 PM

Hi Rob,

Yes I still have a problem first thing in the morning and I've been gluten-free since Sept 2003. <_< I also continue to have "uncontrollable BM's", not sure why that is and I have mentioned it to my GI doc and he hasn't said anything.... so ..... I guess it's something I will have to live with! ;) I usually do not eat anything if I am going out, I will eat when I return home.

How long have you been gluten-free?

#3 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 26 January 2005 - 03:20 AM

With my symptoms, they used to always start in late afternoon or evening: 4-8 PM. I've noticed, though, that since being gluten-free, I can feel if I'm gping to be sick later in the day by how I feel in the morning. Sometimes it's stomach pains (mild, but there), more often it's nausea and a lack of appetite. But I've noticed that how I feel in the morning generally reflects how I'll be in the afternoon--only if I have mild symptoms in the morning, they get much worse by evening.

#4 roddi

roddi

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:50 AM

i have never officially been diagnosed as celiac..
i started gluten free, and instead of going to the bathroom 5 times a day (always minimum 3)
..after 1st few weeks gluten free, it was 2 or 3 a day
now its one a day..

but mornings are always the issue, but its not bad anymore.. and it's totally improved my mood..

rob
www.v2r.ca/me

#5 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:34 AM

stacie--i am the same way--i dont eat before i go somewhere and it makes people so upset--they think i am not taking care of myself--they dont understand that i am doing just that--i am doing what my body requires me to do--sometimes i can eat once i am where i am going, but i have to get there first--its a panic type thing for me even though i may not be panicking at the time--i tell people, it's just the way i am--get used to it----deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#6 jknnej

jknnej

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:15 PM

Before going gluten-free, my problem was IBS (going to the bathroom all the time and bad pain).
Since going gluten-free my pain is pretty much gone but I still have the IBS...sometimes I have to go to the bathroom 4 times in an hour, etc.
But I never really had nausea before I started the diet. Now I feel nauseated after I eat. I think it's because my tummy is trying to get used to a new diet. I also feel sick in the am's but I get up, take a few deep breaths, and brush my teeth. The peppermint flavor helps. I also carry Lifesavers (they are gluten-free) peppermint mints with me everywhere I go. They work WONDERS I am not kidding you. I pop one in my mouth right after I eat every meal. Love them....

#7 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:49 PM

Deb and Stacie..I am exactly the same way as well. I don't eat very much before I am going places. People don't understand why I do this and may think I am not taking care of myself. You know some people don't really understand alot about celiac and different effects on nerves and other things it can cause.

For me mornings are also a tell tale on how my day will be. I usually have pretty good days but I have some where I still get on and off nausea(not too bad) but my altoids, tea, enzymes, and probiotics seem to keep them at little or no level now.Fortunately I have never had to go to the bathroom frequently and never had any problems there. The only major symptoms I have had is nausea and fatigue and being gluten-free has made it 10x better.

The more you are gluten-free I'm sure the better it will get for you. Good luck with everything :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#8 cmom

cmom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 07:29 PM

YES YES AND YES!!! Mornings are bad!! They are better than they used to be before going gluten-free however. I have to be at work at 7:30 but get up at 5:30 so I can get any "bathroomitis" over with before leaving (I only live 5 minutes from my job). If I am going anywhere in the morning, I get up 2 hours earlier at least. Hate riding with people other than my immediate family cause I'm uncomfortable asking them to stop at a bathroom. I am definitely better but still take Imodium if I'm going anywhere cause I'm not brave enough to face the world without it as I have had some bad experiences. Don't invite people to go shopping, etc. with me cause they usually want to stop and eat and THEN shop and that is a sure anxiety cause for me. Will only eat out if it's the LAST thing we do and we're not far from home. :)
Robin from Indiana

#9 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 08:36 AM

Mornings are ALWAYS the worst for me.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#10 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 08:58 AM

Guess I'm the odd one out. Morning's aren't a particular problem... aside from the having to get out of bed bit.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: