#1 LuvMoosic4life

LuvMoosic4life

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:19 AM

HI,

I wasnt sure where to post this, just a littel story I wanted to share b/c my mom doesnt think anything of it.....

I am 22 and self diagnosed. When I was younger and would go shopping with my mom (way before I knew I was Gluten intolerant) I always remember passing through the gluten free section in the store and stopping and looking. For some reason I was always drawn to looking at the food, especially the pretzels. I ended up bugging my mom to buy me the pretzels, and of course she got upset b/c they were more expensive, but i kept bugging and bugging :lol: So evetually she bought them for me and after that I ended up craving them (even though my mom had no idea how b/c she thought they were absolutely disgusting- haha) My mom got pretty upset everytime we went to the store and I wanted Gluten free pretzles haha she said "why dont we just get regular prtetzels?, they are much cheeper" But for some reason I just craved the gluten-free ones really bad!

Maybe it was an early sign for my mom :lol: as if getting sick all the time and almost missing a few grades in school wasnt enough!!!

just thought I'd share :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

I never had any gluten free specialty foods until I figure out my problem with it. But, as a child and until now, I have never been much of a pasta person, never liked fried chicken or things that were breaded, most cakes and cookies I could eat very little of because they hurt my stomach. I never thought about it, because most of those things I was better off not eating anyway, but now it all makes perfect sense why I was never drawn to them. I knew subconsciously that it was those food making me sick. Just took a little while to figure it out. Adjusting to the gluten-free diet has been pretty easy for me. I know my body was craving it too!!!
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

#3 dbmamaz

dbmamaz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:43 AM

When I was a freshman in college, I noticed that I preferred not to eat wheat items - i would eat my sandwhiches open-face so I didnt have to eat so much bread, and I preferred chips and cereals which were not wheat-based. I mentioned it to my mom, and that was when she told me I was violently allergic to wheat as an infant (but i grew out of it . .. well, kinda . . . . )

I think sometimes we can be aware of things without KNOWING we're aware of them, kwim
Cara - 42, mom to dd 15, ds 12, ds 4
Off gluten and dairy (and tapioca ;-( ) since 11/07
A.L.C.A.T. test showed over 50 sensitive foods
Celiac panel came back negative.
Regular allergy testing reacted to every inhalant and all but 6 foods.
Slowly adding in foods, started w 19 and now have 25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: