Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Private Messages

5 posts in this topic

Some boards I'm on will email me when I receive a private message on that board... does that happen here, or do you have to log on to know you have one?

Thanks! :)

Ads by Google:

If you go to "My Controls," select the "E-mail Settings" part, and then click "Send a confirmation email when I receive a new private message" you will be sent an e-mail alerting you that you have a personal message.

Yes, you will get a notification by e-mail. Also, though, when you log onto the board, a window will pop up notifying you of a new message and allowing you to read it in that new window. Finally, you can just look up at the toolbar. Next to "My Controls", it says "0 New Messages"....or if you have any, 1, 2, 3, etc.

Thanks! I actually had sent a PM to a member, but wasn't sure when the last time they were on. Just wondering if they would receive a notice that they had a PM. :D

Ooh, another thing, then. If you want to know when someone reads a message, before you send it, check the "track this message" box. Then, when you want to see if it's been read later, you go to my controls or your inbox or whatever, and go to the menu on the left. The last option under the "messenger" category is "message tracker" and if you click on that, it will show all the messages you're tracking. If the person has read the message, it will give you the date and time. Thus, you know if someone has received your message and chosen to respond later or not been on the board yet.