This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Is This? Warn 0% Box Box Box Box Box

ravenwoodglass

kenlove Rising Star

Whew-- I was a little worried :rolleyes:

No, Ken, what you got was a "courtesy call", not a warning. We save the warnings for very special people. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jestgar Rising Star
Add me to the list -- thanks for answering.

I thought it was a little strange since mine said 0% but I had a warning when I didnt think and posted my own website once.

ken

No, Ken, what you got was a "courtesy call", not a warning. We save the warnings for very special people. :P

Oh, I thought maybe the warnings expire, like speeding tickets on your insurance :P:D

neesee Apprentice

Who moderates the moderators? That last little barb hurts my feelings! :(

neesee

Lisa Mentor
Who moderates the moderators? That last little barb hurts my feelings! :(

neesee

I believe that it was noted before, that only the individual poster can see his/hers warning levels, with the exception of the moderators. Other members here cannot see other warning levels except for their own.

Sorry neesee, your feeling were hurt :o . Sometimes a little humor can be taken the wrong way.

happygirl Collaborator

Another note to add that moderators have always been able to see warning levels of everyone, even before this software upgrade. The warning ability has always been there; the only difference now is that you can see your own.

neesee Apprentice
I believe that it was noted before, that only the individual poster can see his/hers warning levels, with the exception of the moderators. Other members here cannot see other warning levels except for their own.

Sorry neesee, your feeling were hurt :o . Sometimes a little humor can be taken the wrong way.

Giving someone a warning is a serious thing. It is never funny! No one should make jokes about it. I took my warning seriously and I will do my best to never let it happen again!

neesee

emcmaster Collaborator

I have a "warning" level of 33% because apparently more than 1.5 years ago, an admin removed a link to a blog from my signature. I never received a message about this, nor did I have any idea I was "warned".

33% seems pretty high for posting an innocent link to a completely appropriate blog.

Can someone make this go away?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 4 weeks later...
veggienft Rookie
I have a "warning" level of 33% because apparently more than 1.5 years ago, an admin removed a link to a blog from my signature. I never received a message about this, nor did I have any idea I was "warned".

33% seems pretty high for posting an innocent link to a completely appropriate blog.

I received a 33% warn because I pointed out the "inappropriate" behavior of one of the moderators here.

So far on this thread the moderators have kept hidden the other effects of your "warning". The warning levels probably go by thirds. With a "33% warn", my namesake can respond to posts and initiate threads, but when I initiate a thread, the "Views" reference in the index header always shows "0" regardless of how many people have viewed it.

The "warn" levels mean things which the mods are remaining silent about. And, the warn level associated with a poster means that you won't get a fair break from mods who aren't irrational.

Lisa Mentor

After three warnings, the member is no longer a member here. One warning is valued at 33%.

I would recommend that you contact Scott Adams (admin) and discuss this with him. Some concerns regarding warning are very legitimate and worthy of discussion.

Lisa Mentor
I received a 33% warn because I pointed out the "inappropriate" behavior of one of the moderators here.

So far on this thread the moderators have kept hidden the other effects of your "warning". The warning levels probably go by thirds. With a "33% warn", my namesake can respond to posts and initiate threads, but when I initiate a thread, the "Views" reference in the index header always shows "0" regardless of how many people have viewed it.

The "warn" levels mean things which the mods are remaining silent about. And, the warn level associated with a poster means that you won't get a fair break from mods who aren't irrational.

I recommend that anyone with a "warn" level abandon your user name, and register a new one. Why would you do otherwise? I'm done with this one.

A warning is issued due to a violation of the Board Rules. The Board Rules are simple and few. An individual poster can view his/her own warning level ( with the exception of the moderators). Individual warning levels are not vieweable by the general membership.

A warning of 100% will terminate membership on this Board. Warning are viewed by all the moderators as well as the Administration and discussed as to the appropriate action.

If there is a concern regarding the inappropriate behavior of any moderator, I would recommend that they be reported to the administration for a review of the circumstances.

I am sorry that you are displeased with the way things are run around here.

psawyer Proficient

Sorry, but this is simply not true.

I think you may misunderstand what counts as a view. Looking at your own topic doesn't count, no matter how many times you do it. The topic you started today, titled "Celiac - The Autoimmune Connection, A quantum leap is coming" now has 22 views, which means that members, other than the topic starter, and not counting moderators, have viewed it 22 times.

This behaves the same way, no matter who starts the topic, and warnings have no effect on it.

veggienft Rookie
Sorry, but this is simply not true.

I think you may misunderstand what counts as a view. Looking at your own topic doesn't count, no matter how many times you do it. The topic you started today, titled "Celiac - The Autoimmune Connection, A quantum leap is coming" now has 22 views, which means that members, other than the topic starter, and not counting moderators, have viewed it 22 times.

This behaves the same way, no matter who starts the topic, and warnings have no effect on it.

The thread I started, the one you refer to, showed "0" views until after my post above. Another thread I started displayed the same way. Perhaps you are not aware of the capablities of other mods.

Lisa Mentor
:ph34r: ?
psawyer Proficient
The thread I started, the one you refer to, showed "0" views until after my post above. Another thread I started displayed the same way. Perhaps you are not aware of the capablities of other mods.

I should have also mentioned that some statistical information is updated on a cyclical basis as opposed to real time. I believe that it is done hourly, so all new topics show 0 views for a while. If you watch an active thread you will see that the view counter does not go up for a while, and then jumps a number of points at once. It is nothing sinister, and it is the same for all members. The list of visitors to your profile is similarly updated periodically and not in real time. The moderators can not do anything to alter this.

jerseyangel Proficient

veggienft,

Honestly, it's all pretty cut and dried. There are 4 board rules--anyone who breaks one gets a "warning" or a 33% level. Three of these are cause for that member to be banned from the board.

Peter explained better that I can about the views and how/when they are displayed. One thing has nothing to do with the other.

All of the moderators adhere to the same rules and the way our forum is set up, every mod and the administrator are fully aware of any action taken by a single one of us.

There is nothing secret going on behind the scenes--if you have any more questions about how this board is run, feel free to PM Scott (admin).

happygirl Collaborator

No one moderator has more 'rights' than any other moderator here.

purple Community Regular

I was just curious, how does one become a moderator. I am fairly new here and am learning so much. Thank you all for a job well done!

Lisa Mentor
I was just curious, how does one become a moderator. I am fairly new here and am learning so much. Thank you all for a job well done!

You have to pass a 346 page entrance exam, to include an IQ test. You have to possess the ability to tell someone that they are acting like a jerk in the most diplomatic of ways. You have to clear the Board of SPAM, even though you want to order every item for yourself. (I already have a closet full of Nike shoes). Yeah, well, that's about it. :o:P:lol:

SERIOUSLY, we welcome all those who would like to help this community run smoothly and devote some time to give back. Anyone interested in a moderation position, please contact Scott Adams (admin) our host. :) Volunteers (victims ;) ) are always welcome.

jerseyangel Proficient
You have to clear the Board of SPAM, even though you want to order every item for yourself. (I already have a closet full of Nike shoes).

:lol::lol::lol:

...and Nok!a phones! :lol:

Lisa Mentor
:lol::lol::lol:

...and Nok!a phones! :lol:

YEAH!.....those too. Closets full'a 'um.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

OMG.......... :lol: YOU 2 ARE NUTS............... B)

BUT GUESS I AM TOO AS I ENJOY YOUR HUMOR :o;)

CARRY ON ---------AND WELCOME TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE A MODERATOR.

i FOR ONE DON'T HAVE THE 'SKILLS' NOR COULD I PASS THE IQ TEST :lol:

B)

Jestgar Rising Star

oh c'mon! You could be our 'Judge Judy'!

jerseyangel Proficient
oh c'mon! You could be our 'Judge Judy'!

OMG--Judge Judy!!!! :lol: I love it!

Yes Judy, we need you!! :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
OMG--Judge Judy!!!! :lol: I love it!

Yes Judy, we need you!! :D

Well, since this is a thread about WARINGSS..........I THINK to be safe......... I'll decline the kind JUDGE JUDy offer :lol:

Wanted keep my '0' warings safe. I've skated on very thin ice at times with my opinions. ;)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Gosh I just read the whole thread.

Sorry I didn't read it sll before just popped onto page #2

Frankly, I went to do a 'cut /paste' yesterday of something I'd posted and with my avatar and all that info on top with my info ---and noticed for the first time ever the 'warning %' thing.

I hadn't seen it before ever so now it's all explained

I'm sure others will benifit from these FIY posts.

Thanks moderators for clearing it up as warnings are a serious matter.

Archived